T6 panel van conv. rear seat types

DJ Hartford

Hi all, first post on here but been using for a while for info.

I have a 2019 Transporter panel van (highline) that I want to add a 2nd row of seats to. I would like to be able to remove 1 or 2 quickly for days biking so ideally 2+1 quick release setup.

My questions. 1) Are all 2+1 also quick release? Or is there a specific type I need to go for?

2) My trim seems to go quickly and be more expensive. Is it easy to buy a different trim and get it covered?

Thanks!

Hi,

You will specifically want to go for the Kombi 2+1 seats. I have seen people use front seats in the rear before but these of course aren't quick release so no good for you.

The covering would depend on the cost of the seats themselves. Generally it would nearly always work out better to buy the correct seats and trim to suit your van, but could also be worth speaking to trimmers who do a lot of VW's as they may have spare covers.

Brandon

Hi,

You will specifically want to go for the Kombi 2+1 seats. I have seen people use front seats in the rear before but these of course aren't quick release so no good for you.

The covering would depend on the cost of the seats themselves. Generally it would nearly always work out better to buy the correct seats and trim to suit your van, but could also be worth speaking to trimmers who do a lot of VW's as they may have spare covers.

Brandon
Brilliant thanks for the quick reply Brandon. So to confirm as I understand that, any 2+1 kombi rear seat I go for can be set up as quick release.
Thanks,
Dave .

No problem!

Yes, any of those will be fine... Be sure to try and get a kit including the seatbelts, floor brackets, covers and any necessary washers/ bolts. If bought individually the costs really add up. A seatbelt alone from TPS is around £160+VAT from memory.

Feel free to drop me a link to a set you see for sale if you're unsure they're correct!

Brandon

We have the 1+1+1 kombi seats in our converted PV.

And find them easy to take in and out quickly..... They are still heavy though!

Id imaging the 2+1 must be well heavy.

IMG-20230810-WA0053.jpg20230824_144838.jpgIMG-20230810-WA0055.jpg

Back