2 + 1 seat swap

Fish

Joiner
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Currently in Oxford with Colin having 2 + 1 seats changed for 3 shuttle QR seats.. hoping this will reduce the struggle of moving the heavy doible seat as well as provide a couple more arrangement combinations.
i.e have units in, along side the 2 single ISO fix seats...

Being able to carry additional passengers while having long lenghts of timber (Joiner) down the middle..etc.

Next is to find seat covers suitable for these 2nd row, fold down seats.

Well, back from Oxford and I can fully recommend Colin for any seat work.
He has done a cracking job on adding the additional floor brackets, trims and seats.

The work is faultless, clean and swift.

As hoped the seats work a treat and will go along way with the 'multi option' lay out thats planned.

What is the company, and have you got any pics? I'm just 1/2 mile north of Oxford.

Hey buddy, yeah the new double has ISO fix.
Just wanted to have more options.
Cheers just wanted to check, used the isofix as an excuse to convince the misses we needed a new van, hopefully take delivery soon enough to see if our baby seat actually fits anyway

Cheers just wanted to check, used the isofix as an excuse to convince the misses we needed a new van, hopefully take delivery soon enough to see if our baby seat actually fits anyway

No worries.
Be all fine mate.

So clean.. little underside image of the genuine VW parts used. All certified. :thumbsup:

IMG-20161222-WA0002.jpg IMG-20161222-WA0001.jpg

Can the triple bench in the rear fitted to the new T6 be replaced with the 2+1 easy enough ? I know its an option these days when you spec the van out

I assume it maybe missing some foot anchors

Can the triple bench in the rear fitted to the new T6 be replaced with the 2+1 easy enough ? I know its an option these days when you spec the van out

I believe so yes. You'll need additional QR brackets for the feet and fitting etc
Colin at Oxfort T5 may even PX the triple against my old 2+1

The foot anchor pattern on the van floor are totally different, so unless its possible (but more importantly - simple) to change the mountings, then it could be a pain in the whatsit.

It can be done but as mentioned would need additional fixings/brackets/bolts in floor to accommodate the different base.
This would mean penetrating the van floor to install and would also mean your existing floor mat would need to be adapted/replaced as the holes would need to be in a different places

Last edited:
My seat change took 3hrs.. that was putting in 4 additional QR brackets.

I've also been in discussions with Colin over the past week or so trying to establish the best way forward as I'm wanting a 3rd row in my T6 highline. Glad to hear positive reviews on his workmanship.

I've also been in discussions with Colin over the past week or so trying to establish the best way forward as I'm wanting a 3rd row in my T6 highline. Glad to hear positive reviews on his workmanship.

Glad we could help on this for both of you!!
Ps my full address is
Unit 9b
Two Rivers Industrial Estate
Station lane
Witney
Oxfordshire
OX28 4BH
07799 626310

Yes it can and it's fairly straightforward (for us anyway!)
You would need 4 more brackets and associated chassis brackets. In addition 2 of your existing brackets will be in the wrong place for the 2+1 seats. If you want to leave these in place to avoid holes in the flooring you will need 6 new brackets. Alternatively it's possible to replace whole floor or patch in the holes with genuine flooring.
We can also replace the seats with the new T6 3x single kombi seats (all in one row) as mr Fish had. All seats fold flat, remove independently and all have isofix.
Colin

Good to know that there is a well thought of conversion company in Oxfordshire - wish I'd known that a couple of months ago before I had mine done where I took it.

@VWVC , greetings, and welcome :thumbsup:, I am in the process of having a Highline Kombi with a 2+1, thinking of changing to triple singles, does this just need 4 extra brackets and seats? Any ideas on costs involved please.

Back