10th April road trip to oxford , operation caravelle rails

All I've got to do is get rid of this lot now out the garage and can think about the retrim in leather
View attachment 6910

I've been to see 'thetrimguru' in Coventry today. He's going to do my Trim after Colin's fitted 3 x 1 seats on Wednesday. Really impressed!

Hopefully all will be done early May, I'll report back but I really liked what I saw and heard, plus the local VW Van Centre send all their retrimming to him.

@andythom188 just take another look at your photo - the seats are facing backwards from their correct orientation in the van, all other items correctly placed. Hence my comments to @T6 Dave because he had missed the point. Eye for detail, lads (or bullshit).

IMG_2062.JPG Colin gave me this info about leather retrim firm , he couldn't say if they were good or not as never used them or seen there work

Good prices! I've been researching for months.

Get James Aka 'thetrimguru' to give you a quote. I should have mine in the next few weeks. So will be able to feedback and I'm totally OCD!!

My current problem is what will be my style/theme - he has loads of different coloured leather, threads and his CAD stitching machine looks awesome !

I've been to see 'thetrimguru' in Coventry today. He's going to do my Trim after Colin's fitted 3 x 1 seats on Wednesday. Really impressed!

Hopefully all will be done early May, I'll report back but I really liked what I saw and heard, plus the local VW Van Centre send all their retrimming to him.
Ahh so it was your 3x1's he was showing me on Wednesday. Tempting me in he was, then ripping carpet from under my feet saying they were for someone else. Glad I scratched me butt on em now. ;):D.
Whereabouts in Coventry is the guru located?
Want them 3x1's and then gonna need a retrim, but would equally want all the bolsters building up at same time.

Thanks! Just as well they are getting retrimmed then

I reckon 3 x 1 gives the best flexiblity for me, I transport bikes and/or rowers, (the human variety) so means we can flip one seat either side or middle depending what/who we are carrying.

If we need to carry the Blades then they can still poke through the seat bases which wouldn't work with the a caravelle set up.

The Trim Guru is in Bedworth off the M6 junction.

May have to look them up if and when I can afford the seats and retrimming, and Colin is able to get some more!
Two single side seats will keep the kids from trying to top each other whenever we go anywhere, and by running without the middle one the bloody dog can lie on the floor between them rather than on the sodding seat.

The centre seat seems to be the Most Valuable Position (MVP) amongst the lads - typically if I look to my left when I'm driving them, there's always a pair of size 11s by the handbrake if I'm unlucky 3 pairs. It also gives them access to the volume and remote for the sub.

I would really love a slide pod or multi pod for the regattas - now that could elevate me to the position of coolest van ever!

Are you having the 3x1 seats from colin? I did see some 3x1 there well to be honest he has seats everywhere.
What pattern are you going for from thetrimguru m8
Colin is a nice bloke and very reasonable on the fitting costs

Just looked at trim guru's website, some very nice pictures. Will have to look at his Facebook page next time the Mrs has her account logged in, to see some more, as I don't do facebooking.

Bit worried that I could only just slip a finger between top of my head and your hilo roof though, when sat in your drivers seat with seat right down.

Bit worried that I could only just slip a finger between top of my head and your hilo roof though, when sat in your drivers seat with seat right down.
That's without the swivel base on aswell I havnt fitted them yet they are still boxed up

Back