10th April road trip to oxford , operation caravelle rails

Don't give up your day job that's all I'm going to say to both of you :rofl:
After your efforts and strongarm tactics @andythom188 at VW Van Conversions in an effort to get a discount;) I don't think that @Fish and @DaveyB can afford to give up the day job :D. As for your next job, I'm guessing the boys are saying the best place for you is prison or Iceland, although if that is loads of wonga in Iceland they probably think you'll be even worse :rofl::whistle::whistle:. Looks like you got a discount though - no floor :rofl:.

Last edited:
These lads ar
After your efforts and strongarm tactics @andythom188 at VW Van Conversions in an effort to get a discount;) I don't think that @Fish and @DaveyB can afford to give up the day job :D. As for your next job, I'm guessing the boys are saying the best place for you is prison or Iceland, although if that is loads of wonga in Iceland they probably think you'll be even worse :rofl::whistle::whistle:. Looks like you got a discount though - no floor :rofl:.
Horrible to me its like being back at school :rofl: rome was not built in a day thats all im going to say, think I've done well to get to this stage since january, nearly finished my list :D

Problem is @andythom188 would still manage to corrupt us even from Iceland. Guarantee he'd find something that we would all need, but can only get over there so would need to undertake a road trip. Come back looking like one of those awesome Hilux's from the Top Gear episodes.

Problem is @andythom188 would still manage to corrupt us even from Iceland. Guarantee he'd find something that we would all need, but can only get over there so would need to undertake a road trip. Come back looking like one of those awesome Hilux's from the Top Gear episodes.

He'd try and sell me veggie carrots and peas..

I would try my best to corrupt you from over there dont think it would be hard:rofl:
If i went over i could afford to buy a all singing all dancing caravelle within 6 months and sell the blackberry ,mrs aint to keen on me going so will be staying here and aggravating you 2 :D

@Fish colin did say if i could find a old style foam caravelle floor could rip carpet off and put altro on that.
He gave me a few options while you were talking to daveyb
Guess what found one but its in devon we going for a road trip we could call in at skidepods try get you to buy a pod and on the way back call in at Chippenham at a well known modification supplier

Last edited:
Iceland batterdd cod would make good for deadening?. Wait alittle and you may get staff discount!, once you've got established!. :thumbsup:

Mixed with a bit of resin the sawdust would be different. To be serious for a moment though, are you intending to fit sound deadening and insulate now that the floor is bare and before you lay the flooring?
I've got to look at the height needed to get within 2mm from top covers as altro vinyl is 2mm.
Van sounds noisy without the rubber floor down.
9mm ply glued in the ribs of the floor , think 21-22mm in ply will deaden the noise and insulate

Back