102bhp CAAB Noise

T6world

Hello everyone,
I have a Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Eu5 2016, 5 speed gearbox, engine code CAAB.

The clutch was gone and the van start doing this noise YouTube video and we change it with new one including the DMF and the noise is still there. We bought a new clutch kit (2nd) OEM from Vw dealer and it's still the same.. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sounds like an exhaust leak or there is a T2 driving next to you.
Did the VW workshop think this was the clutch?

Here is some updated from today. We still don't know how this happened. So the crankshaft bolt is broken and the two pieces from the bolt was out. The bolt was in the middle of the crankshaft.
The other bolt was tight enough.
Anyone else have problem like this?

20210820_174741.jpg20210820_174747.jpg20210820_180701.jpg

They are stretch bolts, single use only. Are you sure they have never been removed?

There was another case of a main bearing bolt failure some time ago on the Forum, it caused a free end crankshaft seal failure.

I would advise changing all of the main bearing bolts, hopefully the crankshaft and connecting rod are not damaged.

I would advise changing all of the main bearing bolts, hopefully the crankshaft and connecting rod are not damaged.
Yes. I'll order all the bolts from the dealer next week.
I hope everything else is fine.
Thank you for your help DXX!

Hello again,

So after 6k miles and few months later there is noise again which coming from the gearbox / clutch.

So there it was aways little vibration on 5th gear.... may be a gearbox bearing...

Here is the video of the sound .. YouTube video 2

Anyone with the same problem?

Back