“Police, follow this van” stickers.

I used to work with an old boy who was a member of the original Ratae (Hells Angels) in Leicester in the 60’s and 70’s.... he said that the boys would fight anyone.... other gangs, the police, anyone.... but they WOULD NOT mess around with a ‘Furry Landshark’! He said once the dog was in a state/frenzy, they would even go for the police!

On some jobs I was on the furry landshark ended up being the most important team member!
I read this wrong earlier.... ‘on some jobs I was on the furry Landshark’. I thought it was code for a particular vehicle or something!?:slow rofl:

I used to work with an old boy who was a member of the original Ratae (Hells Angels) in Leicester in the 60’s and 70’s.... he said that the boys would fight anyone.... other gangs, the police, anyone.... but they WOULD NOT mess around with a ‘Furry Landshark’! He said once the dog was in a state/frenzy, they would even go for the police!
Yep, my last dog did me once and put in me in day surgery ! Frustrated that he couldn't get to a bad lad !
You always got inexperienced probationer who got too close.....lesson learnt !
I was one of 2 dogs at the last battle of the Riverside, Boro v Sheff Utd. That dog saved my skin that day.

@Sackmycook if your a dog handler and like football
You need to watch Netflix series losers....
The episode about the police dog at the Torquay game in the 80s

Jaws of victory it’s called

Yep, my last dog did me once and put in me in day surgery ! Frustrated that he could get a bad lad !
You always got inexperienced probationer who got too close.....lesson learnt !
I did come very close to getting bitten on more than one occasion, (after 20 years on ARV's it's hard to blame inexperience!) and it would have been my fault every time! :whistle:
Working and training with dog handlers was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job, I never underestimated the psychological impact on the toe rags when they heard the dog barking, it changed many attitudes!

The TV detector receiver looks for the “ring” from the oscillator when it’s energised.

I one of my previous ‘jobs’ we had a receiver in a van that could sit outside of an office and display what was being displayed on the monitor.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.. !

Thats MAD.

surely not!

Any CRT? . . .what range?

what if there was 2x CRT on a desk?

what about 3x CRT....

or 1x CRT & 1x TV..

The mind boggles . . . . .

With regards to London Police, the "Follow this Van" is part of Operation Vanguard a joint initiative between cash in transit (CIT) companies and Scotland Yards Flying Sq. Marked & unmarked Police are encouraged to follow or sit off and observe CIT's if they are making deliveries or being driven in unlikely locations or times.
Op Vanguard also deals with the linking of Intel around dye boxes (now defunked with plastic notes) Glue bombs and DNA micro dots. It's all part of crime prevention methods between CIT companies and Law Enforcement.

Not sure if the stickers work that much though?
You're far more up to date than me, although the basics remain broadly similar.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.. !

Thats MAD.

surely not!

Any CRT? . . .what range?

what if there was 2x CRT on a desk?

what about 3x CRT....

or 1x CRT & 1x TV..

The mind boggles . . . . .
Each monitor (these were CRTs) emits at a slightly different frequency you lock onto one, then our ‘system’ recreates the Horizontal and Vertical scan to stabilise the picture, you then video record what is being displayed. The range is pretty short, hence being sat outside with a directional antenna.

what was the "Detector" and how did it work.?

i always thought it was a Myth, and that they never existed. ,. . . .
Hi Lee, it was a rotatable narrow-beam directional aerial, picking up the local osc, its a long, long time ago but I think it was manually rotated, not like a radar scan. But yes, they absolutely existed at the time, dunno about later or whether the BBC continued the P.O's work when it was transferred to them.

Back