‘SAFELOCK - CHECK OWNER'S MANUAL’ message on MFD

Yes they do, use the search function and you will find plenty of info
The van will still work ok but the strat/stop and charging system may not work properly until coded in

Do new batteries need coding or registering on these vans?
Only if its a different capacity, such as a 100 ah instead of the standard 75ah.. however there are different manufacture options in the coding so charging profiles might be slightly different.

+ it resets the state of charge or you could remove a full battery and install a flat one or vice versa and the van wouldnt know

Well did the reset all ok radio is back ! But still no central locking so can't open hatch except from inside still!
But it's a start thanks plus I've learnt loads!
Cheers all

just went for a drive 12 miles
No stop start ( who cares ) always switch it off but still!
Airbag fault! I've turned it off just in case but how do I reset please.
And still no central locking ( read on here about ignition switch sticky / dirty etc so WD the key and switch no difference.

Tried a couple of keys but will get new batteries.

Can't lock via rocker switch internally either

What is it with VW electrics never had so many issues around electrics on a vehicle!

On the up side the Campervan electrics are fine! ( Yes my fingers are crossed )

Did you try the key in the driver's door lock?

The fob activates/ deactivates the alarm ! But doesn't unlock the vehicle! As in the red light flashes etc on the driver's door

The fob activates/ deactivates the alarm ! But doesn't unlock the vehicle! As in the red light flashes etc on the driver's door
when you take the key out the ignition can you hear the clunk every time? and does the steering lock?

when you take the key out the ignition can you hear the clunk every time? and does the steering lock?
Hi
Yes to both!

When I use the the key to open the door now the hazards flash. I have to insert the key and turn the ignition on and then press the hazards button to turn off!

Frickin nightmare seems all this is because the battery was flat! Not used for 2 months !

Evening all,

Not sure if this is the right post but the vans locking system seems to be fine from the key put the lock button on the drivers door doesn’t work. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Evening all,

Not sure if this is the right post but the vans locking system seems to be fine from the key put the lock button on the drivers door doesn’t work. Any ideas?
Check all the doors are fully shut?

OK so newbie VW question here. We have a T6 highline which I believe has Safelock feature (as it reminds us on the dash when leaving vehicle). Question is this - the manual (see image) tells you how to lock with and without Safelock enabled. But what happens if you just leave the vehicle and click the lock button on the key fob? Does this not just lock the vehicle without Safelock enabled? Why the additional steps to close with Safelock disabled?

IMG_1563.png

First press on the key button locks with safelock (deadlocks) enabled - door can not be opened from inside or out

press the lock button on the key again and the dead locks are released - door can not be opened from outside but can be opened from inside.

Back