‘SAFELOCK - CHECK OWNER'S MANUAL’ message on MFD

Safelock is not a fault message it's just a warning that the doors are deadlocked.
The interior monitoring disabled button only works when you press it with the driver's door open.

Does the dash display correctly show each door open and closed

Safelock is not a fault message it's just a warning that the doors are deadlocked.
The interior monitoring disabled button only works when you press it with the driver's door open.

Does the dash display correctly show each door open and closed
Yep!
But it's not shown red on the button before and I can't re arm it !
And as said now I can't lock the vehicle via the fob (s)! And hatch won't open at all ( obviously I could use manual pull under the cover from inside )
It was all working earlier in the day! Went for a drive noticed radio won't turn on checked fuses pulled the 30 amps as per comment on this forum all fine.

It wont lock on the fob if it thinks a door is open, so maybe you cant open the tailgate as it thinks the tailgate is already open?

It wont lock on the fob if it thinks a door is open, so maybe you cant open the tailgate as it thinks the tailgate is already open?
Doesn't show on dash but I'll manually open it worth a try thanks

Opened hatch manually all OK, nothing blocking anything! Shut it still no central locking!
Warning on dash " Safelock" "check owners manual".... Yep got one of those
Course nothing in manual of any use re fault finding!

Battery was low so it's on charge ( a possibility) hadn't been used for a couple of months. Went for a drive all ok yesterday, except radio, parked up locked up went back to van a few hours later no central locking and safe lock warning on dash!

All 30 amp fuses checked re radio Inc under bonnet! None blown!
Also locking doesn't work using interior buttons!
And now a warning re stop start not activated!

Vehicles 5 yrs old only 21k miles! Camper side of it all runs spot on!

Begining to wish we'd kept the T25!

Think i would wait until the battery is fully charged then disconnect it for a bit to allow the van to fully reset, could just be a glitch from being idle for so long
Failing that a fault scan may give some ideas ?

Opened hatch manually all OK, nothing blocking anything! Shut it still no central locking!
Warning on dash " Safelock" "check owners manual".... Yep got one of those
Course nothing in manual of any use re fault finding!

Battery was low so it's on charge ( a possibility) hadn't been used for a couple of months. Went for a drive all ok yesterday, except radio, parked up locked up went back to van a few hours later no central locking and safe lock warning on dash!

All 30 amp fuses checked re radio Inc under bonnet! None blown!
Also locking doesn't work using interior buttons!
And now a warning re stop start not activated!

Vehicles 5 yrs old only 21k miles! Camper side of it all runs spot on!

Begining to wish we'd kept the T25!
Safelock on the dash isn't a fault warning, it's a reminder that the vehicle deadlocks.

Think i would wait until the battery is fully charged then disconnect it for a bit to allow the van to fully reset, could just be a glitch from being idle for so long
Failing that a fault scan may give some ideas ?
If I disconnect battery won't that cause all sorts of issues?

But it says check it? And I can't turn it in or off at switch
Stupid message - I couldn't make sense of it when I got the van. The manual explains zilch about the actual message.
I would say that all your problems are battery related, once fully recharged I would expect things to start working normally. My van went dead with a flat battery - to be expected with all the electronics that are involved.
At least I don't have to re-weld this van every year unlike the old T25!

Does it central lock buy turning the key in the outside driver's door lock?

But it says check it? And I can't turn it in or off at switch
Yes correct, it says check manual - it's a warning to say the doors are dead locked and they can't be opened from inside, I think I found a description in the manual but just a single line. It's not a failure message. The message is there everytime you turn the ignition off.

Stupid message - I couldn't make sense of it when I got the van. The manual explains zilch about the actual message.
I would say that all your problems are battery related, once fully recharged I would expect things to start working normally. My van went dead with a flat battery - to be expected with all the electronics that are involved.
At least I don't have to re-weld this van every year unlike the old T25!
Yep I'm thinking that myself!

It's a shame re t25 sitting rusting in a shed on Jersey last 5 yrs at least ! If it was on mainland I'd go get it my daughter and grandkids would love it!

Yes correct, it says check manual - it's a warning to say the doors are dead locked and they can't be opened from inside, I think I found a description in the manual but just a single line. It's not a failure message. The message is there everytime you turn the ignition off.
I'll drop window and try it. But I've not had that message come up, always check dash before driving off old habits even my motorcycle so much electronics these day Lol

No, it will allow all the control modules to power down and fully reset
Oh OK hear all sorts of stuff re batteries! When I put the new one in about 4 months ago I was told to use slave battery to stop hassles! Will try once charged, how long should I disconnect for? Thanks

Back