‘Passenger’ car tyres but rated 103?

Rowls1958

Bit confused, I have a T6.1 campervan and want All Season tyres. I understand the load rating for my van is 103 and must be XL. I've seen the new Bridgestone All Weather Evo tyres and my size 255/45/R18s are rated 103Y XL - however they state they are Passenger car tyres. As these are rated 103 XL are these still OK although it states passenger car ?

The load rating is the important bit - so yes, they'd be fine on your van because they have an appropriate load rating.
The manufacturer or vendor describes them as a passenger car tyre, but the load rating makes them suitable for your T6.1.

As Dave says.. the load rating is the important bit...

Be aware that some all weather tyres have a rotational arrow on them, so can't be swapped from near side to off side without effecting their preformance.

Thanks, how does that work, I thought an arrow mark would just stop you fitting them any wheel in the wrong direction ??? Probably being thick, sorry

The tyre fitter if he knows what he's doing won't put the tyre on the wheel back to front if that makes sense.... :thumbsup:

There is an outside and inside to the tyre.... and so can only go either on the offside or nearside....

I have this problem with my spare and could end up fitting it to the wrong side with the rotation arrow facing the wrong way.... but it'll only ever be used in an emergency to get me to a garage.

just something to bear in mind...

Last edited:
Bit confused, I have a T6.1 campervan and want All Season tyres. I understand the load rating for my van is 103 and must be XL. I've seen the new Bridgestone All Weather Evo tyres and my size 255/45/R18s are rated 103Y XL - however they state they are Passenger car tyres. As these are rated 103 XL are these still OK although it states passenger car ?
Had the same tyres fitted on my T6 and they wore really badly, took them back to my tyre place who told me although they are load road, van tyres typically have more plys in the side walls

Back