£1800 for a single passengers seat and 1+1+1 - good price?

Paulstewart20

VIP Member
Hi just been quoted £1800 for a single passengers seat and 1+1+1 they are new and match my drivers seat is this about right? seems expensive to me I dont think the belts and plastics are included either. Kombis are normally 3000 pounds more in price ( or that is what I thought let me know if I am wrong) so I was hoping to keep it below that but when you calculate insulating, carpeting and windows I'm going to be over the 3 grand mark, I'm also doing it all myself other than the insulating and carpeting.

Any advice or am I best selling mine and getting a Kombi, mine is a 2016 swb t6 highline 4 motion t32 in blue currently a work horse but I don't need lots of space so it would be good for holidays if I could take the family so I need it to be family friendly in the back, I'm just curious if prices are high due to covid as van prices have risen significantly too if thats the case I might wait until the demand is lower and the price drops.

Also if any body has any seats for sale let me know, or any links to buy proper equipment seat belts, plastics etc.

Sounds like a fair price to me, especially if they're new and fitting is included, in which case I would be surprised if it didn't include the belts.

If you buy a Kombi through your business then it could be treated as a car rather than a van for tax purposes. Total grey area and as Coca-Cola lost their case against HMRC I didn't fancy my one man band chances...

Think I paid £650 for 3 single seats and then about £500 odd for seatbelts and fittings. Then an additional £300 (I think) for them to be fitted. Oxford T5 always seem to have lots of stock of seats and fittings.

For a panel van to day van conversion I'd budget about 5k / 6k inc vat at a converter.

I reckon if you turn up and wave 1.5k under their nose which is a fair price they'd probably take it.

Back