will our ISOFIX child seat fit a 2+1?

Skelbrick

Hi need advice urgently - we sign for our new van tomorrow. T6 Kombi with 2+1 rear seats. My husband is adamant our 2 month old babies car seat will fit in (Maxi-Cosi pebble 360 pro)

I have googled it for hours now and everything I read seems to say nothing will fit?! The isofix leg is too short there are no too tether points etc .
Surely that can’t be the case? !!!!!

Can anyone let me know if they have a similar seat that fits?! Don’t want to purchase a van that’s not going to be any good for us as a family!!

Hi need advice urgently - we sign for our new van tomorrow. T6 Kombi with 2+1 rear seats. My husband is adamant our 2 month old babies car seat will fit in (Maxi-Cosi pebble 360 pro)

I have googled it for hours now and everything I read seems to say nothing will fit?! The isofix leg is too short there are no too tether points etc .
Surely that can’t be the case? !!!!!

Can anyone let me know if they have a similar seat that fits?! Don’t want to purchase a van that’s not going to be any good for us as a family!!
Hi,

We have a Kombi 2+1 and it has isofix so i am adminat also your Maxicos pebble (with isofix) will fit. If not its easier to buy a newer car set than a different VAN. Take a breath, it will all be fine :)

Is it possible to take car seat to van before signing or is it miles away?

As said before I would be buying a new car chair if van the van was a good one

Hi,

We have a Kombi 2+1 and it has isofix so i am adminat also your Maxicos pebble (with isofix) will fit. If not its easier to buy a newer car set than a different VAN. Take a breath, it will all be fine :)
Thank you for your reply. The car seat is brand new! And not cheap either … and it fits with all the other crap we have eg pram chassis etc The problem I worry will be with the isofix leg. All the posts I’ve seen say it’s not long enough.
Hi,

We have a Kombi 2+1 and it has isofix so i am adminat also your Maxicos pebble (with isofix) will fit. If not it’s easier to buy a newer car set than a different VAN. Take a breath, it will all be fine

We have a maxi cosi cabrio fix car seat and base. The leg on the isofix base is long enough to fit on my Kombi triple bench. In fact the whole system is a lot easier to fit in the T6 Kombi than my partners BMW X1. I know it’s a different model but hopefully this is of some use.

Isofix points on both outers. Single has a tether point. Don’t know about leg as don’t have one on mine

Isofix points on both outers. Single has a tether point. Don’t know about leg as don’t have one on mine
If you could measure from floor to level with top of seat that may help original poster.... @benp1 I've had maxi Cosi seats with legs in van and all been good. The legs go fairly high. Would be strange if kombi seats were so high? Your feet would be dangling. Agree van so much easier for car seats than any car. Can also comfortably sit in between two without sitting on one bum cheek!

The Maxicozi Pebble leg is a pain in the proverbial. Had it on the Discovery (before VW) and the slightest thing would set the beep (alarm) off. Now, this allegedly tells you that the seat isn’t in properly. That’s a load of cobblers….the isofix is what does the securing bit and the leg does a bit of “front to back” stabilising. I would have no qualms about using the Pebble without the leg, or even having a block under the leg if length was an issue.

The absolute killer about the Pebble is that it’s like a bloomin Moses basket - the baby has grown out of it before you know it!!! (Yes, the money I burnt on it still sticks in my throat!!!)

The Maxicozi Pebble leg is a pain in the proverbial. Had it on the Discovery (before VW) and the slightest thing would set the beep (alarm) off. Now, this allegedly tells you that the seat isn’t in properly. That’s a load of cobblers….the isofix is what does the securing bit and the leg does a bit of “front to back” stabilising. I would have no qualms about using the Pebble without the leg, or even having a block under the leg if length was an issue.

The absolute killer about the Pebble is that it’s like a bloomin Moses basket - the baby has grown out of it before you know it!!! (Yes, the money I burnt on it still sticks in my throat!!!)
It's when you do a count @JOG and realise you have 10 seats.... Still messing about switching diff cars, making sure grandparents have one etc. Prob for us was our son would not stay put... Actually climbed into boot one day. We have ones with barriers across front now. Good for him napping and cannot get out! Saves tying him in with a sock!

It's when you do a count @JOG and realise you have 10 seats.... Still messing about switching diff cars, making sure grandparents have one etc. Prob for us was our son would not stay put... Actually climbed into boot one day. We have ones with barriers across front now. Good for him napping and cannot get out! Saves tying him in with a sock!
You top trump me - I ended up with eight! Worse still, I ended up giving them all away! (Ungrateful recipients never even stood me a beer!)

Thanks for your reply .

Tell me about it … He is almost 11 weeks and has outgrown pretty much everything we have already

We have a discovery now but that’s going the journey to make way for the vw . However didn’t have any issues with the leg in there.

We have a maxi cosi cabrio fix car seat and base. The leg on the isofix base is long enough to fit on my Kombi triple bench. In fact the whole system is a lot easier to fit in the T6 Kombi than my partners BMW X1. I know it’s a different model but hopefully this is of some use.
Fab here’s hoping it goes in the 2+1 the same thank you for your reply

Thanks for your reply .

Tell me about it … He is almost 11 weeks and has outgrown pretty much everything we have already

We have a discovery now but that’s going the journey to make way for the vw . However didn’t have any issues with the leg in there.
great decision, personally I think the vw will be the best family car out there loads of space on the same vehicle footprint!

One of the reasons for buying my Kombi was having three kids needing ISOFIX or boosters. Just wouldn't fit in the E class or 5 series I had before. I think the middle seat might also have an ISOFIX point but can't remember for sure, I only use the outer ones

One huge benefit to not having a leg is access. I have a twin slider and no leg means you can get in and out either side of the back. With no leg it also means you can put a fridge in front of the chair (which I do)

Back