T6.1 Kombi 2+1 single seat lock broken

Jules/d

VIP Member
I have a T6.1 Kombi with a2 + 1 rear seat.
The single seat will not release as the cable has come out of it’s socket inside the lower part of the chair.
Any ideas anyone or is it a case of dismantle fully to release it and get an expert to rebuild it?
Update:
I have taken the seat out. The problem seems to be with the cable actuators. Getting the one that has come out of the bas part - back in - appears almost impossible, let alone locating a circlip to keep it in place.
Any seat frame rebuilders can advise?
Ta muchly.

If anyone did see this - or does in the future…. I ended up making a warranty claim. It appears that a whole new seat base was ordered and installed.

I have the same exact same problem. When I purchased the Van from VW the seat was in the repair shop. I checked and it appeared to work okay when I collected. It now longer works again and I think the van has just dipped out of its warranty if it is a standard 3 year ( I am checking). If I end up having to fix this outside of any warranty, I won't be happy for a 3Yr old van but any advice how to do a repair yourself (if possible) would be appreciated if anyone has gone through this.

Back