York - any safe places to park up?

Carl1974

T5.1
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Taking a trip to York tomorrow and normally go is the wife’s car, however I was going to take the van but our normal parking pace has a metal bar that hangs down to prevent vans from entering.
Anyone know of any safe secure places to park and have a short walk into York.

all the best.

I live on the outskirts of York and only ever use the park and ride. Traffic this week is the worst I remember it being.

The Police Station at Fulford Road (A19) in York has a public car park in front of the station, next to it is a large gravelled area which cops use for their private vehicles. Anyone can park there ! Pretty safe. 10 minute walk into town

I was there a week ago and parked at Monk Bar car park. There was a metal bar but it was open and quite a few vans parked there. It's just a few mins from centre.

The Police Station at Fulford Road (A19) in York has a public car park in front of the station, next to it is a large gravelled area which cops use for their private vehicles. Anyone can park there ! Pretty safe. 10 minute walk into town
Both of my daughters work for the Police (not in York). Police staff parking in areas with public access near the station are regularly getting their cars trashed.

Back