Wrap Styles advice

PukkaT6

Pukka Insurance
T6 Legend
so basically Im getting an Oryx kombi but its getting wrapped in a bright pink

Can decide if full on pink wrap, pink at back white at front or to go pink bottom half with white at top.

Anyone any good with photoshop?

I can't provide honest impartial advice here as one of those options is what I'm doing on mine..... so I'd advise you to do something different to me lol

My wrap, with logo, will hopefully create a currently in vogue twin tone effect, but with greens below the waist (see earlier thread). Final artwork due tomorrow.....it will protect paint, although my van is only humble candy white, but it is mine, well, my company's to be accurate!

My thoughts as well why pay £1000 for that paint only to cover it up?

Its cost me £0 to have that Oryx and as its the 'whitest' of the options I prefered it. I had to take into consideration what would go best with corporate colours and so whilst it may be sacrilege to cover it, its a business decision.

Just be aware, wrapping or sign writing your van can have a knock on effect on your insurance.. Another good idea, is to ask them to let you know the brand of vinyl used, as well as the colour of the vinyls, as diff makers call them diff names.. :whistle::thumbsup:

My company is an insurance company so essentially my insurance will cost the same as the paint option did ha

#pukkainsure

Love it m8, just pointing out to others less fortunate... :D Let us know when you can help out the little man with ins m8, be interesting to deal with a company with good ethics.. :thumbsup:

Im getting a couple of quotes for people at the moment. We mainly insure standard commercial vans upto 3.5t and most are sign written so we have undercut other insurers. Also exploring option of offering discounts to people if they have our logo on their vehicle however most people advertise their own company. At the moment we reduce excess if reported in 12 hours of incident if they are at fault. Just done a £1000 tool give away drawn at random. We also have lease companies who offer pukka policyholders discounts if you write-off your van. The main thing we do is to reduce the cost of the claim against you if its a fault accident. We offer our services to the Non Fault party. This enables is to prevent injury claims and repair their vehicle at 'friendly rates' so the impact on renewal is less.

Sorry to drone on ha

Candy white is much whiter than Oryx white having painted both. The pearl layer on the Oryx white yellows it considerably.

Candy white is much whiter than Oryx white having painted both. The pearl layer on the Oryx white yellows it considerably.

Just noticed it is whiter, oops lol

I wish id signed up here before ordering it, as potentially would change a few things. All the Oryx vans I have seen look smart enough though so not the worst decision I have ever made. I suppose I have to learn my lesson and in 3 years I will know exactly what I will replace it with ha

I will be speaking to the lease company on monday to see if I can change the dash without having to sign a bucket load of forms.

I absolutely LOVE the Oryx having seen them both side by side, it makes it look less comercial, more car like than van like if you get me!

To that end, when we were deciding between the range of colours to do on ours (2 tone scheme, wrapped on the lower half, mirrors and spoiler) we basically had to decide do we change our website or do we go for Orange and white on the van?

So with Orange and White chosen it was down to deciding if Oryx was worth the extra £550 we were quoted, a choice we didn't even have to spend 30 seconds on.

Can't wait to get mine and get it wrapped!

We are only having a small logo on the rear quarter panel though, so it will stand out on the white but not be too intrusive.

The van will belong to our business, but will also be our main vehicle and labour of love so we don't want our logo to domonate the van.
We considdered a logo on the bonnet but have ruled it out!

Its cost me £0 to have that Oryx and as its the 'whitest' of the options I prefered it. I had to take into consideration what would go best with corporate colours and so whilst it may be sacrilege to cover it, its a business decision.
Well done for getting that thrown in for free :thumbsup:
Look forward to seeing the final result :)

I have been a lot more obvious, but only after a lot of thought, and on the basis of having a sizeable logo on the doors and relevant sign writing, it is obviously a business vehicle (for tax purposes) so I figured a bonnet wrap worked. I figured the van has to start attracting business!!!!Give it a few years....

Back