Would a Vango Tent Extension work?

Brae

T6 Pro
Good morning all
Must admit my head hurts from weighing up the options to gain some shelter for when the weather changes be it a Barndoor canopy or something on the side of the van for when I'm away with the van and importantly I've got a 2 week trip around Scotland coming up soon and no doubt at somepoint will need cover from the elements and worse still the MIDGES:mad:

The question i have has anyone used a tent extension on their van and made it work ? in my head i think i can make it work especially with added guy ropes etc and its seems the cheapest option at this time until i can get a side rail fitted .

This is what i was thinking of using (see photo)
upload_2017-8-1_11-25-12.png
Any feedback appreciated:thumbsup:

Probably would work with the front door used as the tunnel towards the van (maybe attach some longer guys and throw over the top) but, unless you already have a suitable tent, why not just go with a Sheltapod which you would get for a similar price <£300?? Shop

Probably would work with the front door used as the tunnel towards the van (maybe attach some longer guys and throw over the top) but, unless you already have a suitable tent, why not just go with a Sheltapod which you would get for a similar price <£300?? Shop

Hi Davenjo ,that was the plan fitting it onto the side. i looked at Shelta pod and it looks good... i would still need a side rail ,just trying to gain some shelter on a budget as i've a list of other things i need for the van before the trip:) .

Back