Wot a shower

Vinci

Residential Surveyor
T6 Guru
My darling wife has agreed (and booked) a festival in the summer, but wants a shower facility.
We have a changing tent, so, please any ideas/experiences please? The van has power in the rear and is a tailgate version. Thanks.

Did that attachment come with it from new. Weird you should post this as I spent last night weighing up the pros and cons of the mobi v-17 and the karcher oc3

Did that attachment come with it from new. Weird you should post this as I spent last night weighing up the pros and cons of the mobi v-17 and the karcher oc3
Yes it did mate, I don’t know if they still do but it’s available separately from CRC.

I have the same unit and it came with the shower attachment, if I’m honest I don’t think the quality is amazing our first unit went back as it leaked and the one we have know has a very minor weep where the hose connects to the main unit but it is very minor and only happens when it’s connected and the pump is running so not too fussed but I wonder how long it would last if used regularly ??
Overall I’m happy with it for the price

How long does one tank last?
Enough to rinse off 5 bikes for us, not immaculate but get the worst off and spray all the wheels as 2-3 bikes go in the back of van and 2-3 go on the back

For human shower use I think it all comes down to her Ladyships hair washing...... it will either last or it won’t..

I seem to remember go outdoors or Decathalon did a pump up portable shower..

I’ve got an under tailgate shower; I bought some ex Swedish army cook pots. I use the 18L pot on my Wallas XC Duo and warm water before mixing with a bit of cold water in a bucket. It takes about 25 min to heat the water for two good showers.
I have a loose Whale GP1004 submersible pump with 3/8” hose and shower head powered by a 12V DC cig socket via a waterproof switch. I shower under the tailgate, privacy is obtained with two shower curtains attached to the tailgate with magnetic hooks that stick to the tailgate. Shower head attaches to the inside of the tailgate window with a sucker cup.
The curtains aren't much good in a strong breeze so Im thinking of suspending a cheap shower tent under the tailgate.
upload_2018-11-22_11-45-23.jpeg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...6_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=hozelock+shower#
We use this for a lot of things, washing hair, dog, bikes and kids ideal when we are at festivals
When our C/H boiler packed up recently we were without hot water for a few days and we bought one of the Hoselock pump-up showers like @Peatey
Obviously at 5L you have to be economical with it but it worked really well. Very sturdy & well made. No power needed, just fill with a mix of cold & boiling from the kettle, pump up and away you go.

shower.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We use the Hozelock portashower and always impressed with how well it works. Simple, effective and doubles up as a spare water container when not needed as a shower.

Bought one of these and works great. Charged from a USB port and came with a sucker to hold the shower head to the tailgate glass.

Have only used it on the dogs so far, but when the van finally arrives, it’ll be in the back. Just need some sort of curtain to attach to the tailgate. Was contemplating a basic shower curtain with a few magnets to hold it in place. Anyone got any other suggestions that they’ve found work well off a tailgate?

Bought one of these and works great. Charged from a USB port and came with a sucker to hold the shower head to the tailgate glass.

Have only used it on the dogs so far, but when the van finally arrives, it’ll be in the back. Just need some sort of curtain to attach to the tailgate. Was contemplating a basic shower curtain with a few magnets to hold it in place. Anyone got any other suggestions that they’ve found work well off a tailgate?
Oops....not bragging, but I know the owner of Colapz. I think there is a C&CC membership discount. They do a lot of clever collapsible stuff. If there is interest I could approach him for a forum discount?

Can’t see it on my C&CC membership @JOG, but its good kit and def worth asking to see if you can get a discount for the forum I’d say.

I also have a Colapz bucket, ideal for the van as it packs flat, but holds 16 ltrs, plenty for a shower.

Oops....not bragging, but I know the owner of Colapz. I think there is a C&CC membership discount. They do a lot of clever collapsible stuff. If there is interest I could approach him for a forum discount?
Yep I'd be up for that.

My darling wife has agreed (and booked) a festival in the summer, but wants a shower facility.
We have a changing tent, so, please any ideas/experiences please? The van has power in the rear and is a tailgate version. Thanks.

Primarily for when off grid, I carry one of these 12v Portable Showers (Loads to chose from on Amazon):

85C54E69-636D-4CD8-834D-982E40A07F67.jpeg

I have access to a 12v Socket at the rear but an extension is an option if you don’t. It‘s used in conjunction with a collapsible 5L Bucket with water Quantity/Temperature added to preference. (Rinse, off, soap up, rinse off)

In addition to using it inside a Tailgate awning, which can be divided into 2 for privacy/containment, I use perforated Easimat as flooring:

030D6449-DF7A-4AC7-B4DE-4CF2ABB18AF9.jpeg208DE317-BF0F-48F0-B701-5FD22B2B1111.jpeg

Apart from lighting (silhouetting may be an issue to the bashful), we carry one of these as a useful bench/step:

469D34BB-FEE2-4894-A571-6D4F3C589F98.jpeg

Last edited:
Can’t see it on my C&CC membership @JOG, but its good kit and def worth asking to see if you can get a discount for the forum I’d say.

I also have a Colapz bucket, ideal for the van as it packs flat, but holds 16 ltrs, plenty for a shower.
Maybe it’s the other one! I forget which is which and most people tend to belong to both! I have a lot of their kit for our caravan...multifunction bucket has to be my favourite! But their waste drain for serviced pitches is fantastic in its simplicity

Back