Work van Wednesday

Unfortunately it's been declined by two bodyshops already.
Gutted for you mate. If the tailgate is knackered and needs replacing could you not just cut through it with a grinder? Cut out where the glass would go and bond on a pane of glass. Would cost about £150 but at least you’d get access to your tools

Few quids worth there mate. I’ve got about half that amount to weigh in!
264KG to be precise. £1340/tonne, £353 back to me. Already earmarked for schools shoes etc according to my wife. At least my curry tonight is covered.

The replacement needed for the roof was 5 off 6m rolls of code 4 12" lead at £120 each inc., so £600 out on lead. £250 net cost for the job.
rooof3.jpg

I had the tidiest van at the scrap dealer's yard by far!.......

264KG to be precise. £1340/tonne, £353 back to me. Already earmarked for schools shoes etc according to my wife. At least my curry tonight is covered.

The replacement needed for the roof was 5 off 6m rolls of code 4 12" lead at £120 each inc., so £600 out on lead. £250 net cost for the job.
View attachment 210070

I had the tidiest van at the scrap dealer's yard by far!.......
I've been in a lot of scrap yards in my working life.
And come out with a lot of punctures!

B&Q have just had a 15% off everything weekend. I needed a new mixer. The Belle ones have been £460+VAT (£550 inc) everywhere for ages, including B&Q. Saw the advert raced down there. Nearest branch sold both they normally have in stock, next closest branch had one left.

mixer.jpg

Bargain at £444 inc VAT, with the 15% off and then my 5% trade discount on top of that!

Back