Work van Wednesday

Corvette Stingray?
Yep. I believe that it’s a 7.5litre V8. 1974. Though I didn’t get a chance to speak to the owner about it. Only to tell him that I’ll try not to cover it in sh*t when I install the electrics. He wasn’t bothered, so didn’t shift it.

Looks great, but serious question. How is it with a ton of plaster on the back ?
Those pictures were taken with the old wheels and tyres and the old suspension in the back, along with the tools and other gear that are always in the van. We’ve actually left the back end about 15mm high relative to the front when measured arch to wheel centre (measured without the old wheels and tyres and suspension, but with the usual tools etc) to allow for load carrying.

I almost missed WVW . . . . so here it is.

Working here --->

1642146916138.png

Doing this --->

1642146972033.png

In That ---->

1642147028164.png

and just for Laughs . . . . my good Chippy Friend from Croatia proving that H&S is more of a guide line than hard facts.

(the irony for those that don't work on building sites is that he decided he was more comfortable standing on that chair than using the ladder he was given, and decided he didn't want to wear his Hard-Hat (even though its part of the sites mandatory PPE) :slow rofl: - the H&S guy was having an absolute melt down)

At least he has his over-shoe protectors on

1642147375304.png

I almost missed WVW . . . . so here it is.

Working here --->

View attachment 141539

Doing this --->

View attachment 141540

In That ---->

View attachment 141541

and just for Laughs . . . . my good Chippy Friend from Croatia proving that H&S is more of a guide line than hard facts.

(the irony for those that don't work on building sites is that he decided he was more comfortable standing on that chair than using the ladder he was given, and decided he didn't want to wear his Hard-Hat (even though its part of the sites mandatory PPE) :slow rofl: - the H&S guy was having an absolute melt down)

At least he has his over-shoe protectors on

View attachment 141542

Your “friend” would be asked to leave any of the sites I work on.

Well, in a similar vein to the above, I've had the van on quite a restricted and very safety conscious site out west whilst we're pulling fibre in. After being on site a couple of days, the H & S fella turns up, and shows his visible disgust that I didn't have an orange beacon on the van. Threats of removal of permits and his blood pressure elevating, he shows me on page 276 of 700 of the RAMS that all vehicles should have an orange beacon. My bad. £20 later from the Amazonians, I get a super little flashing LED beacon that fits inside the windscreen with suction cups.

beacon.jpg

I am now safer than ever, and feel my van could also pass for a bit of drive tarmacing, or fixing roofs for vulnerable pensioners. I'm sure the battery will stand this running for a few hours between moves.

Well, in a similar vein to the above, I've had the van on quite a restricted and very safety conscious site out west whilst we're pulling fibre in. After being on site a couple of days, the H & S fella turns up, and shows his visible disgust that I didn't have an orange beacon on the van. Threats of removal of permits and his blood pressure elevating, he shows me on page 276 of 700 of the RAMS that all vehicles should have an orange beacon. My bad. £20 later from the Amazonians, I get a super little flashing LED beacon that fits inside the windscreen with suction cups.

View attachment 141712

I am now safer than ever, and feel my van could also pass for a bit of drive tarmacing, or fixing roofs for vulnerable pensioners. I'm sure the battery will stand this running for a few hours between moves.
Love it. . .

but why just visible from the front . . .?

what about the rear?

++++++++++++++

I've got a magnetic roof bar for those sort of jobs . . . had it years.

it even comes with a remote control . . :thumbsup:

similar to this . . . . . https://amzn.to/3qpdM2G

1642183603406.png

+++++++++++++

though seeing yours . . . . i might have to get myself one of these little gems. - https://amzn.to/3GwQD3R

1642183783968.png

or just for fun ill get a RED/BLUE one and drive around the T6F campsite like the Site Warden on Patrol.

1642183966761.png

View attachment 141712

That should keep you safe !

Back