Work van Wednesday

Really not a fan of it but also no point in washing it just yet. Once I get from the country lanes this week I will re-wash and wax.
Full 5 correction detailing booked for January.

i love those step LEDs, how, where, from?
Well, it's a bit odd really Dellmassive, as I didn't know that I was getting the LED's. I took the van straight to Wessex Vans Poole after buying it, and along with other stuff done, I had an Altro floor put in, and to my surprise they fitted the LED's. So I can't really help you further than that. I do love them mind.

Slight change of direction for us at work today.
Called down to an airfield in the depths of the stunning snowy Cotswolds, to Restore all the acrylic windows on this beast. I've Restored quite a few helicopter windows, but this one was exceptionally bad before several hours of very delicate fettling.

20190123_092826.jpg

Called down to an airfield in the depths of the stunning snowy Cotswolds, to Restore all the acrylic windows on this beast. I've Restored quite a few helicopter windows, but this one was exceptionally bad before several hours of very delicate fettling.

View attachment 35730
Just saw this on Instagram. I had to take a second look as I think tbh it’s the first time iv seen your van with dirt on it ;) Bet that was cool working on it tho.

View attachment 35730

There's a lot of bits on that bench, what exactly is the process there..? Similar theory to polishing things with wheels..? Coarse through to fine grades etc..?

There's a lot of bits on that bench, what exactly is the process there..? Similar theory to polishing things with wheels..? Coarse through to fine grades etc..?

Much of what I do and the products we use are kept secret, because it's such a niche service that took years to get right, but in basic terms it's a combination of different grade products, different surface temperatures, specific consistencies of machine head to each process, speed and pressure of the machine and in this situation with helicopter windows costing over £10k to have made and installed, HUGE kahooners.

All of what my business does and knows was stumbled on by pure fluke. True story.

I'm trying not to make a Big Chopper joke now.. It's hard.. Oh, too late, then..

Very interesting though, I bet. Is it a word of mouth thing, or is you Da Man in rotary wings circles..?

I'm trying not to make a Big Chopper joke now.. It's hard.. Oh, too late, then..

Very interesting though, I bet. Is it a word of mouth thing, or is you Da Man in rotary wings circles..?

Word of mouth is a big part yes, Google searches on certain common issues will almost always bring up my name in certain forums, also several related magazines often quote my name on technical pages when people write in with common issues they need help with as in the picture below. That's always a big boost. but yes without blowing ones trumpet, we are the 'go to' phone number for the public and different companies when they have weird problems they cannot fix. I could go on for hours about some of the stuff we do, but it's like showing people your own holiday snaps. Interesting to you, but not the people that you're showing.

20190120_122747.jpg

Back