Sony Apple CarPlay wiring help 2016 T6

NicolasH

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone maybe able to assist me. We purchased a 2016 Startline T6 in January, ready for a camper conversion in May - due to Covid, it was completed last week! We are absolutely delighted with the conversion.

I have bought a Sony XAV-AX3005DB Apple CarPlay stereo, and need some guidance on installation - specifically the wiring. I bought one of these installation kits but it's not plug and play - you have to wire the power in - it does not use power from the original Quadlock. I have two questions that I'm hoping someone cleverer than me can answer:

1 - It looks like I need 1 x continuous live feed, 1 x ignition live feed, and an illumination feed but where do I take these feed from. If it's from the fuse box, which ones should I use? I've bought some fuse piggy backs. I would rather not chop into the van wiring.

2. Would I be better to buy a different Quadlock adapter so that's it's completely plug and play. Can anyone recommend.

Just for info the van does not have steering wheel controls. I have also installed a USB socket into the top of the dash that will plug into the stereo USB connection. I have also attached the stereo wiring diagram.

Thanks so much for any assistance.

Nick

IMG_5586D.jpeg

Drop us a pm or call 01980 624740, we can supply you a plug and play CanBus adapter... you be up and running in seconds

Back