VW T5.1 2015 Stereo Upgrade Reverse Signal to Head Unit Issue

Wayne196

Good afternoon all.

I have bought a Pioneer SPH-DA360DAB car stereo head unit.

I've trial fitted the unit with Incartec VW group quadlock to ISO radio adapter harness, with CANbus ignition and an upgraded set of Vibe Audio 8 inch door speakers and tweeters with no issues.

On my previous radio when you put the van in reverse a picture appeared on the screen of the head unit which worked inline with the reverse sensors. I want the new stereo to do this but it doesnt. There is a purple wire on the back of the power unit that has on it Reverse Gear Signal Input as seen in the pic below.

reverse-signal-input-2-png.png

Obviously the van must have the connection to the reverse light in the original loom but I dont know where to connect the purple wire to.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. Cheers, Wayne.

The old HU would have used a canbus signal. You can connect your purple wire to the reverse light wire. It’s Green/black. Nearest place you can pick it up at the BCM. It may also run through the coloured connector blocks below the glove box or under the passenger seat, or from the reverse light itself.

The old HU would have used a canbus signal. You can connect your purple wire to the reverse light wire. It’s Green/black. Nearest place you can pick it up at the BCM. It may also run through the coloured connector blocks below the glove box or under the passenger seat, or from the reverse light itself.
Thanks for the response. This is the Incartec VW group quadlock to ISO radio adapter harness, with CANbus ignition I bought. Is there anything I can buy to make the connection work?

Thanks for the response. This is the Incartec VW group quadlock to ISO radio adapter harness, with CANbus ignition I bought. Is there anything I can buy to make the connection work?

1655317393753-png.png

Back