Wing mirror covers

Coradia63

T6 Pro
Hi all

I need to get a replacement wing mirror cover mine is fitted with side assist are all the wing mirror covers the same or do I need to get one specific for side assist? Also any recommendations of where I can buy one already painted Im far to lazy to get one that I then need to take somewhere to be sprayed..... is this something I can get from the forum shop @Pauly ?

Cheers
Stuart

Can you pm me your reg please, dont think the lane assist effects the main cover only the bottom part but want to double check on ETKA

For reference the mirror caps have a different part number/PR code for vehicles with side assist, its not clear what the difference is as ETKA only shows generic pics

For reference the mirror caps have a different part number/PR code for vehicles with side assist, its not clear what the difference is as ETKA only shows generic pics
As it happens I picking up 2 new covers tomorrow from VW with side assist cut outs. Going to have them painted piano black; but keep the original body coloured ones incase I do not like them, or change my mind.
If it's any help I can post the part numbers, pictures etc etc. My reg is VW16ARO

I got the details @chriscroft thanks just wanted to post for future reference that they are not the same, just waiting on a price for painting them

Cheapest way to paint them is a colour matched rattle can from a paint supplier, then 2k laquer them, as you wouldn't bother mixing up that small amount for a single mirror, although you could, and use a spot gun, but I'd prefer the rattle can as less clean up....

Cheapest way to paint them is a colour matched rattle can from a paint supplier, then 2k laquer them, as you wouldn't bother mixing up that small amount for a single mirror, although you could, and use a spot gun, but I'd prefer the rattle can as less clean up....
So is it just a plain black spray with a very glossy lacquer?

I expect piano black is a straight 100℅ black, with a good laquer, but note there's 100s of shades of black! So all is not black and white when painting black!

So I now have my nice new & painted wing mirror covers thanks to @Pauly for supplying I've seen the instructions for removing the covers but cant seem to find any instructions on how to remove the mirror any tips on how this is done without cracking it??

use the knob to angle it up then spread you fingers or a piece of perspex and gently prise out.

Here is a demonstration by a member of the Blue Hand Group.
IMG_0604.jpg

Thanks @Loz it turns out the mirror comes off very easy that way. Removing the covers on the other hand was a real pain!

Back