The lowers are cheap from the dealers. The uppers will need painting. There is someone in eBay who will supply the uppers ready painted

I managed to scrape the passenger side wing mirror on my T6 Highline. I think it’s the standard issue Highline electric mirror with the top 70ish % being the same Acapulco Blue as the van and the bottom bit black. Anyway, I managed to clean up most of the surface damage on top and bottom but am still left with some scratches in the paint which are too much for my very amateur touch up skills. Although they’re not really noticeable from a distance, I know they’re there and it annoys me every time I walk by the van. I suppose I could have the offending part resprayed but also thought that it might be a good excuse to add a bit of decoration to the van by getting some covers. As can be seen from the picture, the radiator has chrome strips but I don’t really want to use chrome covers as I think they would be too much (at least on the top bit where they would be more visible) and it occurred to me that carbon fibre ones might work. Has anybody else on here fitted then and, if so, any chance of a picture please – even better if it’s a blue van as well. Failing a picture, are there any opinions on the colour combination? Something like this is what I was thinking about:
Also, in my searches, I’ve only been able to find covers that do either the top or bottom parts of the mirror but nothing in one piece to cover the lot . Has anybody seen such a thing please?
FWIW, this is the van as it is currently:
Front.jpg
Thanks in advance.

I know its too late now, but I had PPF on my mirror caps and that has saved them already once.

Cheers Loz but, as you say, it's a bit late now. My first reaction to that post was that I'm glad that your pension was safe (ie. Pension Protection Fund) but I now realise what you are actually talking about.
Since my first post, I have now found out that Vanstyle also do a version of the carbon fibre cover with a blue fleck in the weave which, I think, might work. They were even nice enough to use an Acapulco Blue van to illustrate them on the website
Anybody have a view?

Last edited:
VW Carbon supply top and bottom plastics in a variety of non standard colours as well as carbon fibre.

Reactions: MSC
That's interesting but I looked at their site and found the carbon ones which are listed as T5.1 (but I guess would fit a T6) but nothing in other colours.

Just looked at the VW Carbon site and their product range seems to have shrunk somewhat.
They do seem to be listing some items on eBay though, including these mirror caps

fax - Again, thanks - I actually think I saw that eBay listing during one of my searches but immediately discounted then on the basis that they were all potential car crashes when mixed in with Acapulco Blue.

Can anybody else chip in on this one please - as I said above, relevant pictures would be much appreciated

The blue carbon ones might look nice but you could probably get the scratched one resprayed for the same money.

Bluesman - Thanks for that.

Does anybody on here have any idea of a potential rough cost for a single upper mirror respray if I take the cover off and take it to a spray shop? That said, as mentioned earlier, I will probably treat this as an opportunity to change rather then stick with the same (but the change needs to be an improvement rather than for it's own sake).

Last edited:
Bluesman - Thanks for that.

Does anybody on here have any idea of a potential rough cost for a single upper mirror respray if I take the cover off and take it to a spray shop? That said, as mentioned earlier, I will probably treat this as an opportunity to change rather then stick with the same (but the change needs to be an improvement rather than for it's own sake).

First post so hello all! I have been lurking for a while but I am a painter so thought I wouldtry and add something potentially uselful, I would say a reasonable local shop would sort that out for £40 ish if you took it in to them off the vehicle. Regarding plastic parts I would always say it is worth calling TPS first as there seems to be a lot of peope inflating the prices on ebay and alike.. For example RRP from TPS for new mirror cover is £26.68 + VAT, lower trim is £4.86 + VAT and the outer frame £10.36 + VAT. Hope this helps. Jimmy

Reactions: JOG
Jimmy, Thanks for that - it's always good to have a pro opinion on these things and you're right about checking with TPS but my nearest is about 19 odd mile drive from me which generally makes the extra few quid that I might pay to order on line and get delivered to my door worth it. I had another go at the scratch and I've now got it to the point where it doesn't shout at me every time I walk past it BUT I'm still very tempted by those blue carbon covers and might well order them up along with a pair of these Chrome strips which I think will work well as I've also got chrome on the grill:
Again, thanks for the valued contribution.

I couldn't find a guide showing categorically how to avoid breaking clips when you remove the wing mirror cover, but I had a spare wing mirror after replacing mine, so I did a bit of practice and I reckoned I knew how it was possible. In the end, the only way to prove it was to remove my good wing mirror and go for it. I did split a couple of clips the first time, but I've put it back on and taken it off again and all the clips (even the split ones) are still intact, so I reckon it's time to share the method.

You'll need VIP membership to read the guide: https://www.t6forum.com/threads/gui...s-from-a-t6-without-breaking-any-clips.23606/

These are the ones I've just used, £20 a pair in unfinished black, quality is fine
VW T5 T5.1 Transporter Black Door Wing Mirror Cover 2010-2015 Pair Left Right | eBay
Is this just inflation, or inflation x covid19 tax. Were £20, now £100. "Last one" reminds me of the old boy that used to stand in the middle of Carlisle selling the evening paper - "News and Star - not many left now, get your News and Star" - while he's stood next to a 4' stack of papers. I'm going to live with my scratched passenger side cover. It'll remind 'her' every time she drives it to keep the thing away from dry stone walls.

Last edited:
Is this just inflation, or inflation x covid19 tax. Were £20, now £100. "Last one" reminds me of the old boy that used to stand in the misddle of Carlisle selling the evening paper - "News and Star - not many left now, get your News and Star" - while he's stood next to a 4' stack of papers. I'm going to live with my scratched passenger side cover. It'll remind 'her' every time she opens the door to keep the thing away from dry stone walls.
Well, they are T5 ones, much rarer nowadays :slow rofl:

OS wing mirror covers.

In need of replacement OS wing mirror plastics, light blue top, black bottom section and heated glass. Any suggestions where I can get the lot to save me endless eBay searches etc.

thanks

Back