Windscreen wipers won’t turn off in off postion

TSraps

Im having a proper as to where my wipers intermittently have a mind of their own. Only some journeys when in the off position they wont knock off. When happening they go on every 18 seconds and this doesn’t change when altering the timer. Took it back to the second hand dealer and he’s basically washed his hand of it saying it’s fine. Has anyone has this issue and can help. Just a standard ex eon 102ps transporter.
Have a video but can’t seem to attach

Im having a proper as to where my wipers intermittently have a mind of their own. Only some journeys when in the off position they wont knock off. When happening they go on every 18 seconds and this doesn’t change when altering the timer. Took it back to the second hand dealer and he’s basically washed his hand of it saying it’s fine. Has anyone has this issue and can help. Just a standard ex eon 102ps transporter.
Have a video but can’t seem to attach
Video you need to upload to a video hosting site like YouTube or Vimeo and embed here :thumbsup:

Are you a T6 or a T6.1?

Video you need to upload to a video hosting site like YouTube or Vimeo and embed here :thumbsup:

Are you a T6 or a T6.1?
I’ll give that a go thank you, and a T6! Drove home from Blackpool and on 90% of the journey and knocked themselves off the rest.

Have seen this is older vans where a faulty stalk was the problem but in that scenario is would go on/off while driving so I figured it was movement or vibrations triggering an over sensitive or faulty stalk ?

I had this on my t6 a while back. Can't remember what it was, but it was something simple like a door contact not made or bonnet not shut fully. If I remember I'll let y'all know.

There is a fairly common fault on other VWs where the stalks act up...VCDS shows it as 'signal implausible'. My other hafts Polo 6C has this issue on...intermittent mode just works as per speed 1 and on a rare occasion when you turn them off, they carry on going (happened 2 times int he last year, most recently the day before MOT!). I keep meaning to look at swapping the stalks out but not got around to it yet.

If it has auto wipers just check the sensor from the outside of the screen hasn't got any residue over it and no air bubbles in there seen it twice before causing the issue failing that I'd say it's the stalks

If it has auto wipers just check the sensor from the outside of the screen hasn't got any residue over it and no air bubbles in there seen it twice before causing the issue failing that I'd say it's the stalks
It hasn’t got auto wipers, did check this sorry I’ve only just got back to you, think I’ll order a new stalks and see if this will sort it.

If you DM me your reg I'll get you the part number you need for your van

Back