Windscreen Protection

CX16

T6 Pro
Had ClearPlex UK fit my windscreen protection yesterday (apparently fitted to the space station) only to have something bounce up from the road (M25 @ 70mph) this morning and hit the centre of the screen and bounce off, no damage, thanks ClearPlex. . .

I saw your other post about this; what is it, then? A thin sheet of plastic? Sounds great.
What did it cost you?
A lot less than a replacement windscreen I presume.

Yes, it’s a thin sheet of plastic that has certain properties, it appears able to absorb impact from objects without passing the impact on to the glass. Like most people my car insurance does cover my windscreen, but having a windscreen shatter is a pretty traumatic experience, then you have all the bother of getting it replaced while you have to wait around or can’t drive your van. The cost was £300, so each person has to decide if it’s worth it to them, where we’re going (Mongolia) we considered the cost was worth it, and as the screen has already been hit on the way home it’s already earning its keep.

you have to have it installed, don't think you can buy it yourself.
google ClearPlex and see their list of installers

Hi Kevin
JB is correct you can’t fit it yourself, as far as I’m aware the guy who fitted mine ‘is ClearPlex’ in the UK and he is based in Cambridge. Great bloke but a true one man band, so a problem to get hold of on the phone sometimes.

Back