Window comfort close not functioning [Resolved]

huw169

Black 199 Shuttle
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all
It’s coded in, but doesn’t work on the door lock with key, or the long press on the fob.
Im thinking bit 7 also needs checking to activate fully.
Is this right, or is there something else that needs activating too?
Thanks
7AE8C53B-F080-4091-92F3-9684CCF9A116.jpeg

do one touch windows work ?
If not windows need resetting for it to work

I think byte 3 bit 7 is not relevant for this - mine (actually the current and the previous T6) do not have that set neither has @Dellmassive 's ;)
In addition quite a few others I have scanned from factory have that bit "0". Byte 3 = "3A".

EDIT: A copy from German VCDS + google translation of Byte 3 Bit 7.
EDIT2: typo.
1609008187889.png

Last edited:
Thanks all.
I switched off bit 1, and switch on bit 7. No change. Hex is now B8.

However, one touch works for drivers side, but I’ve discovered not for passengers on either switch. Could this help isolate the issue?
Thanks

Have you tried resetting the window? I had to do mine the other day having had the battery disconnected. Both sides took at least 3 attempts.

Thanks all.
I switched off bit 1, and switch on bit 7. No change. Hex is now B8.

However, one touch works for drivers side, but I’ve discovered not for passengers on either switch. Could this help isolate the issue?
Thanks
Yes, that will be the problem.

Thanks all. I did the reset procedure on the passenger window and one touch now works on both sides.
Then I undid my meddling with the coding and it all works on the fob. Didn't try the key in the door as its raining, but would imagine that is now working too. Confirm tomorrow.
Thank you for all your comments. Every day is a 'school day', as they say :thumbsup:

On this thread: I’ve had the battery out and had the same thing. From reading the comments from 2 threads I found that if the passenger window one touch and ‘auto comfort close on locking’ both don’t work you need to do the “close window-release, let off, then up button again and hold for 3. Do the same in open window” on passenger and drivers window. I’m probably repeating what has already been stated but that worked for me. Thanks for all the advice

On the subject of resetting windows, disconnected the battery a few days ago. Reset the drivers one touch close, tried to do the passenger and heres the issue.

Passenger window goes all the way down held for 3 then as soon as i pull button up (holding) the window comes up about 25mm stops then I have to release the button then pull up again to bring the window all the way up.

Tried this numerous times and one touch close won't work on passenger side.

On the subject of resetting windows, disconnected the battery a few days ago. Reset the drivers one touch close, tried to do the passenger and heres the issue.

Passenger window goes all the way down held for 3 then as soon as i pull button up (holding) the window comes up about 25mm stops then I have to release the button then pull up again to bring the window all the way up.

Tried this numerous times and one touch close won't work on passenger side.
disconnect the battery again for 10mins . . .

then reset all the windows again.

or just follow this:

Mine stops an inch up but I just lift again until shit and it works

All sorted now guys, the cap reset worked a treat. Reset everything and now one touch both sides. Cheers

Back