Wind Out Awning With Hilo Poptop

Critch

T6 Pro
Has anyone on here got a photo of their van with a Hilo roof and a wind out awning.
My builder doesn't fit them, so would like to see a pic of one fitted, how it's attached to the van, then I will source a company local to me.
Thanks in advance.

received_986003501798697.jpeg Hi Fish,
Would these ones be the right ones, they don't look right but it's what thw fitter has said, I have to source my own brackets and awning.

The lip of the HiLo roof closes into the roof gutter. If you fitted those brackets you would have to make a couple of cut outs in the HiLo roof to clear the brackets.

J27878-0_6.jpg

Yeh I thought they did not look right, I am loosing a little faith.
I think I may go down the Reimo Rail route.

They would be fine as they are no where near the roof. The question is though, why pay for a super low profile roof then stick an awning on the side that will be at least 120mm higher than the roof?

xJ19523-0_2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1JxyMAqRlx.jpg

We bought the van with the conversion already done, it was the space once the roof was up that we liked.

If i was in your situation i would be opting for the Reimo rail for the above reason. You have a stealthy camper and fitting a wind out will only make it obvious.

It's the wife that wanted the wind out,
In my head the Reimo Rail was the best safe option, as the van builder would be fitting it so I know there would be no problem with it.
Thanks Guys

Mine was the same, as was i but ruled it out as its a daily driver and makes the van a bit of a target. Not to mention the wind resistance on long runs.

Thanks for the reply.
I have manged to talk the wife around,
especially yesterday when she realised she would not be able to get into the Trafford Centre car park, or the local multi storey car park

Back