Will I need spacers with 8.5J 20’s?

aceplumbing

Hi guys im fitting new 20" wheels 8.5 inch width with coil overs to my transporter t6 will i need spacers and if so what size can you please let me know thanks..

Hi guys im fitting new 20" wheels 8.5 inch width with coil overs to my transporter t6 will i need spacers and if so what size can you please let me know thanks..
I’m no expert on wheels like the guru that is @Tourershine. But, the need or otherwise in relation to spacers is linked to the offset (or ET) of the rims, and how far you want them to ‘poke’ out towards the lip of the arches. I think it is pretty much impossible for anyone to answer without knowing the exact figures on the wheels. You could take a look at “willtheyfit.com” and enter your wheel figures in which will tell you how they will sit compared to the originals.

I've got 9.5" ET35 all round on mine and I'm only just legal at the front. Therefore if you're going for spacers I wouldn't go any bigger than 10mm on the front. The back is better, but any more and I'd be rubbing the door cards - and mine's a panel van not a Caravelle. 26881511-32E7-4F7C-B501-EBD40463F284.jpegIMG_8146.JPG

You won't 'need' spacers no. Unless you want the wheels bulking out more.

As @DaveyB said, without knowing the offset, it's hard to give an answer, but I've run 8.5s with an offset of ET45 and yeah they could of done with spacers to move them out a little, but it wasn't imperative.
I've also run 10" ET35 all round and they sat lovely.
Spacers are only if you want your wheels pulling out further, to give a slightly different stance. Its mainly aesthetics unless you need a spacer to move the wheel away from a caliper or something the wheel might rub, but that's a different issue.

All things being equal and this is only my opinion, but I would say the rear wheels on a Transporter need to poke out 10-15mm per side more than the fronts to get the same look front and rear.

Back