Will a VW Up steering wheel work?

RickT6

T6 Pro
Hi
I’ve bought a T6 going in for conversion soon and I’ve added some cheap mods. My Question is will a VW UP flat bottomed steering wheel fit a transporter .

I seriously doubt it, AFAIK only a select few are compatible

You need to be looking for a mk7 Golf steering wheel to fit your T6.
Don’t worry about your MFSW buttons - you can just swap them on to your new wheel.
I paid £80 for mine.

445E9B59-E397-4AAD-B649-787AD96FEB95.jpeg

B24E5CDD-60AA-41EB-A293-C45622702743.jpeg

Thank you I’ve Just bought one for 65 quid. I don’t have a mfsw at the moment so I’ll need to buy the wiring loom I assume

I got caught buying a cheap VW steering wheel, and spent good money having it re trimmed, only to find the air bag had a different fixing, now on the hunt for an airbag

Are the airbags the same on the Mk7 Golf? I’ve looked at a few but been put off because they’re without airbags... although I assume you couldn’t post an airbag anyway? :rofl:

I got caught buying a cheap VW steering wheel, and spent good money having it re trimmed, only to find the air bag had a different fixing, now on the hunt for an airbag
Get
Are the airbags the same on the Mk7 Golf? I’ve looked at a few but been put off because they’re without airbags... although I assume you couldn’t post an airbag anyway? :rofl:
Yes they are the same. But there are 2 types of wheel a round centre and shield shaped one you can’t go wrong really, it’s just getting the right info before you buy. The round centred wheel will fit but you would need a round airbag cover. You then transfer the air bag out of your Original wheel to the new centre. Just make sure the wheel as the 2 steel clips to secure the air bag.

I think/hope the air bag loom is the same, so I think I will buy a Polo air bag

I’m sure I’ve seen a pic on the forum of a completely different wheel fitted to a T6 along with its own airbag. It had a round horn push / airbag. You may need to search steering wheel threads and trawl through the ‘what have you done to your van’ thread.

Ian

That’s right, you can get a MK7 golf wheel with a round centre and yes it will fit, But you need to get a round airbag cover and transfer your airbag from you original T6 air bag cover check out this video.
It’s not in English sorry

That’s right, you can get a MK7 golf wheel with a round centre and yes it will fit, But you need to get a round airbag cover and transfer your airbag from you original T6 air bag cover check out this video.
It’s not in English sorry
Thats interesting, as Im having difficulty locating a non CC but DSG wheel. Wonder where that cover is available from?

Back