Which Tyres For 19" Wolfrace Assassins

James Swales

I have got a set of 19" "Wolfrace Assassins and would like comments on others who can assist with tyre size / brand / model for such. These are the 8.5J and I am thinking 235 / 45 / 19. and been looking at continental contact 5 XL ? but price is clearly the key also ! Hope some of you can offer me your advice. Looking through some other threads there are many as 245 / 255 ? Also mine is the T32 and therefore can I use load 99 or do they have to be higher ? sorry many questions !

Last edited:
Continental contact good tyre past but experience not had brilliant millage out of them, I'm not heavey footed (normally) trying set of Kumho so far so good,

Thanks Andy, which size and model ? The wheels on now are the 215 / 60 / 17 ( highline standard ) and was wanting to look bigger without having to lower ( unless I need too ! ) and 20" with 30/35 seems too much for my Devon roads !!

T6 DSG 204, check with your insurance to, some companies get bit itchy kept mine to 18" , sure i was told over 19" can invalidate your VW warranty as well but may be corrected

Insurance was fine with my 19's, seems direct line like you to stay within 2" of standard fit. I'll second the Nexen's, good value at around £100 a comer, 255/45/19's N'Fera Su1 I've ran them for about 4 years on 2 vans so far...no complaints from me.

Hi JS,
I've got the 18inch assassins and had Hankook S1 Evo 2 tyres on them, they lasted for approx 14000 miles. obviously i was very disappointed as i would expect a lot more mileage out of these tyres, (im not a speed freak)
I've now had them replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and will be interested to see how these last.

I run falken 255/45/19 these give you 104 weight rating ,seem a good tyre so far 6000 miles in .

I have got a set of 19" "Wolfrace Assassins and would like comments on others who can assist with tyre size / brand / model for such. These are the 8.5J and I am thinking 235 / 45 / 19. and been looking at continental contact 5 XL ? but price is clearly the key also ! Hope some of you can offer me your advice. Looking through some other threads there are many as 245 / 255 ? Also mine is the T32 and therefore can I use load 99 or do they have to be higher ? sorry many questions !
You will need 103 or above for a t32

Back