Which Suspension? Pros And Cons

B14 or Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View attachment 55441 View attachment 55442 I fitted B14's just yesterday. Mines a SWB T32 Kombi on 20's. It was running standard shocks and 40mm lowering springs and tbh I thought the ride was 'acceptable' for the light work and family use it undertakes. The key word there is 'thought' because not 5 miles into my drive home I reset the sat nav to a customers address some 85 miles away and just kept going - what a difference! I absolutely love them. The ride is compliant and controlled and I'd honestly say its right up there with the ride quality of my previous BM 640 - and that was fantastic. I put over 200 miles on it and could have happily done another 200 had i the time. £1.2k incl fitting , 4 wheel alignment & vat...and the best money I've spent on it by far.
For me the cons would be that body roll could be improved just a tad more, and [to set it level the fronts are now full height while the back is full low] I noticed the fronts do graze the inner arch if I'm an mph or so too quick over a speed bump.
Notwithstanding that I'm completely sold on them. Its fair to say that 10+ years ago, Yes i would have gone fully adjustable but for me now and at that price they get an A+

This is exactly how I have felt since I had my B14s fitted. I'm also running 20s, but there are differences in our setup, I ran 50mm springs before changing and I am right down at the back and 15mm from the bottom at the front. This gives me a very slight rake with the front a tiny bit lower than the back. If I were to have any weight in the back of my van such as units for a camper conversion I've no doubt I would have to have the front lower to compensate.

Like you, I am genuinely impressed by the ride quality and comfort and agree that it's the best money I have spent on my van so far. I've done about 1000 miles on mine now and I'm still slightly surprised how good it is each time I drive it. I drive a 50/50 mix of motorways and shitty rural roads where the surfaces can be shocking.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Suspension is very subjective and different people like and accept different setups. We run a SWB 4Motion DSG with T32 B14’s and ARb’s. You are more than welcome to come and have a drive and see for yourself, and see if it’s for you or not. We also run a Caravelle on B14’s only at full height which give you the best comfort setup from Bilsteins.

Thanks for the reply, would definitely like to come down and speak to you about this, I do want to get the ride sorted on the van and really keen to hear different opinions on how to best achieve this.

I will get in touch when I know a suitable time to visit. Thank you,

made my mind up, gonna get b14,s fitted, van style fit them for free but are booked up till march 2020, any one know of similar deals around 100miles of East Yorkshire

Thinking about getting the new B14 Komfort coilover kit fitted to my T32 4Motion... any opinions on this set up?
I'd like a small drop for practical and aesthetic reasons. Air'd be nice but can't justify the £4k+

Thinking about getting the new B14 Komfort coilover kit fitted to my T32 4Motion... any opinions on this set up?
I'd like a small drop for practical and aesthetic reasons. Air'd be nice but can't justify the £4k+

They haven't properly landed in the Uk yet.

We are fitting our first sets at the end of next week so will report back then!

Back