Found Fiamma Rain Guard Drip Stopper Offcut

Someone motioned before that you can use a Pool noodle / Black hot water pipe insulation

Noodle leaks tried that and now purchased the Fiamma rain gaurd which does the job well. @Ed Webb I have an off cut you can have, its about 83cm in length. Don't want any money for it, I see you are going to Busfest I can bring it with me.

Noodle leaks tried that and now purchased the Fiamma rain gaurd which does the job well. @Ed Webb I have an off cut you can have, its about 83cm in length. Don't want any money for it, I see you are going to Busfest I can bring it with me.
Quick question. Is the Fiamma Rain Guard permanently fitted? Have you had any issues with noise when driving or it coming off? Looks like the best option to me so would appreciate your opinion :)

Quick question. Is the Fiamma Rain Guard permanently fitted? Have you had any issues with noise when driving or it coming off? Looks like the best option to me so would appreciate your opinion :)
I fitted one and it is permanently fitted never noticed any extra wind noise, but even if there was the lack of rain dripping over the sliding door would make up for it well worth it in my option

I fitted one and it is permanently fitted never noticed any extra wind noise, but even if there was the lack of rain dripping over the sliding door would make up for it well worth it in my option
Thank you

Nope, As Bargy62 said it's permanently fitted (with 3M tape) I've not noticed any extra wind noise. Not cheap but if you want to do a good job....

I took a couple of pictures during the recent downpour. The first shows where the rain guard fits. It sticks to the back of the awning with 3M tape and the rubber seal sits just under the pop top when its down. When the pop top is up any rain just runs into the roof gutter and away. You do need to measure carefully so you have no gaps to let drips in. Whatever you do you will always have a little leakage where the awning brackets are.

That said the second picture shows how well protected the top of the side of the van has been protected, the top of the van underneath the awning is dry while the rest is soaking. If I had the awning fitted I'm confident nothing more than a few drips would get through.

Rain.jpg

rain (2).jpg

I took a couple of pictures during the recent downpour. The first shows where the rain guard fits. It sticks to the back of the awning with 3M tape and the rubber seal sits just under the pop top when its down. When the pop top is up any rain just runs into the roof gutter and away. You do need to measure carefully so you have no gaps to let drips in. Whatever you do you will always have a little leakage where the awning brackets are.

That said the second picture shows how well protected the top of the side of the van has been protected, the top of the van underneath the awning is dry while the rest is soaking. If I had the awning fitted I'm confident nothing more than a few drips would get through.

View attachment 208879

View attachment 208880
Definitely worth the purchase then. Thank you for sharing.

Back