Which Jump Starter?

Don't be a twit. . . . . . and set light to your car . . . . , your wife's and your next-door neighbours cars !!

get a NOCO. !!!

+++++++++++++

1708532072102.png

+++++++++++

I've still got one left.

it’s definitely worth reading the instructions, as mentioned before, if the Noco can’t detect the battery voltage because it’s so low, it won’t jump start, you need to press the x boost button to jump start, this also removes the safety features so double check everything is correctly connected.

I'm thinking of carrying my old battery as a jump start; it went flat last year when the alternator failed however changed with a new stop/Start and kept the old as a spare once I recharged it in the house. I'm hoping that will suffice as a back up compared to buying a jump starter kit.

I'm thinking of carrying my old battery as a jump start; it went flat last year when the alternator failed however changed with a new stop/Start and kept the old as a spare once I recharged it in the house. I'm hoping that will suffice as a back up compared to buying a jump starter kit.
That's a big numb lump to be carting around just on the off chance.

That's a big numb lump to be carting around just on the off chance.
Aye that's that balance I know, haven't needed a jump since owning the van but I'm not spending x amount on the right jump starter if I don't need it. I should also mention it's sitting in the garage out the way and I'd probably only take it if I was going somewhere for more than two days. We have leads and I'm sure most people would be willing to give us a hand at a campsite anyway

A NOCO is not just a jump starter. Mine has a torch and can be used as a battery pack as well. My Father-In-Law kept leaving his car-derived van door slightly ajar overnight leaving the interior light on. I used my NOCO to super boost the dead battery several times before we took his licence and the car away.

A NOCO is not just a jump starter. Mine has a torch and can be used as a battery pack as well. My Father-In-Law kept leaving his car-derived van door slightly ajar overnight leaving the interior light on. I used my NOCO to super boost the dead battery several times before we took his licence and the car away.
My booster has the light - white and red with different modes as well as a built in compressor for pumping up tyres etc. The tyre inflation is surprisingly impressive. We had a small Ting one before which was OK but noisy and took an age on the van, this one seems a tad quieter but a lot faster.

As it’s basically a plastic box full of lithium cells (and the pump gubbins) I also bought a LiPo charging bag and store it in that. Prevents damage and in theory reduces the risk of a fire if anything shorts. I charge it in the bag too, as that’s what they’re designed for, and it doesn’t seem to get too warm.

I read a Which Review on tyre compressors and got the one with the best accuracy so I’ve got that covered too :D

Unfortunately after less than a year I am through my second battery... Going to try warranty again.... worked last time! Noco coming into play last few days. Trouble I have is don't have time to go decent run so flat each time... Good old noco! Def some piece of kit! Maybe my next van won't need :)

1000013560.jpgI got one of these. Jumping jack. Jumps upto a 2.5 diesel, comes with different charging leads for phones, laptops etc. Never really ran it to empty, but has powered an ipad that is used as a TV in the back for the kids for a 6 hour road trip and only used 25% of battery, so pretty good.

Back