Which Inverter/Generator ?

Apologies for appearing 'Dim' on this.:unsure:

Hi @andys.....so been thinking.....what kind of job would it be to connect a 3000w inverter to my lithium leisure battery in order to get 'coffee at will'?
What make of inverter did you use and what other bits would I need please...soz but a bit dim on this subject matter. Thank you....all in the name of decent coffee though!
Hi, can't remember the make of the inverter, it was recommended on a couple of Youtube channels and has been great. I'll search my eBay history and add the link.
It sits inbetween the front seats, bolted to an aluminium frame which is in turn bolted to the seat frames on either side. It's connected via 25mm2 cable to the battery under the driver's seat, meaning the cable length is only about 250mm. The inverter is then wired to a changeover switch in the rear cupboard which allows all the sockets to be either fed by the EHU or inverter. I'll have a look through my phone and see if I've got any pics, or will take some when I'm reunited with the van at the weekend.

Definitely check this, way nicer solution than converting through mains voltage and back down again.
e-bike batteries are in the ~40v range, so I'm not sure a 12v version either exists or would work anyway? Happily proved wrong as I'm in the same dilemma - I've ordered an e-bike and need an inverter to charge it on the go.

That depends on what you want to power with it.?

a small inverter will be fine.

So the question is - what would you want to plug into it?

+++++

eg - Big power items - kettle, toaster, hair dryer - dofo not

but smaller items - laptop/tablet charger, say under 100W then possibly.

++++++

you can always upgrade your battery.

Also remember that some items need a Pure Sine Wave inverter to work, whereas other, simpler, items are happy with a cheaper Modified Sine Wave type. There can be quite a difference in price. For example, I needed a Pure Sine Wave version to run my Nespresso coffee machine. I would never have bothered had I known the price, but all the wiring was in (& a modified inverter) by the time I discovered this.

Honda eu22i for me big expensive batteries and all the expensive stuff to convert little amounts of solar is no good for me ? Instant 2000w and I don't have to carry all that weight if a want to go to Aldi ?

Old thread I know. @Dellmassive I have just bought the red version of the Bestek inverter you linked to above. It has binding posts to hard wire it in but also has a separate earth terminal which I am not sure what to do with as the instructions don't mention it. Should this be wired to the 12v negative or just left alone?

1000017401.jpg1000017402.jpg

Leave it alone.

It's for more complex installs where you need to fit an RCD. If you are wiring it to 240v sockets dedicated to the inverter, or just using the socket on the inverter it's not needed.

As above.

For stand alone inverters it's safer to not connect the inverter earth to the chassis.

More info....

Back