Where To Have A Proper Look At An Sca Roof In Devon?

Noiseboy

VIP Member
Morning all I've been trying to work out which roof to get for some time, and I think I've decided on a SCA roof but before i press the button so to speak I want to have a good look at one.

Im down in Devon near Exeter, any recommendations of somewhere to look at one would be fantastic.

Thanks all, cheers Tom

Morning all I've been trying to work out which roof to get for some time, and I think I've decided on a SCA roof but before i press the button so to speak I want to have a good look at one.

Im down in Devon near Exeter, any recommendations of somewhere to look at one would be fantastic.

Thanks all, cheers Tom
Hi I have a sca but I am too far away unfortunately.
I did the same as you looking at the roofs before I decided.
The NEC show is coming up soon where you will mainly see SCA and Reimo and a couple of others.
You won’t be disappointed in the SCA but the key thing is to choose your installer carefully!
And look at some of there past work!

Hi I have a sca but I am too far away unfortunately.
I did the same as you looking at the roofs before I decided.
The NEC show is coming up soon where you will mainly see SCA and Reimo and a couple of others.
You won’t be disappointed in the SCA but the key thing is to choose your installer carefully!
And look at some of there past work!

Hi Stuart, thanks for your reply, do you have any recommendations re a fitter I have one in mind but would be interested in hearing others opinions.

Cheers Tom

Slidepods arent far away if you are a potential customer you may be able to go and see one getting installed ?

Does anyone have an SCA 190 roof fitted who could post some interior pics please?

I've read that it has a "high quality aluminium sliding panel" to cover the space above the driver and passenger.

What colour is the aluminium panel please and is it the same colour as the other part of the roof?

Also, what are your views on the rotary tumbler lock ?

Thank you.

Yep, go to Cambee. Pretty much all they use and they will always have a few vans in build with them at varying stages if you want to see one and how it functions.

As for the rotary tumbler lock, I was initially attracted to that, but talking through the pros and cons with Cambee, I opted not to go for that and went for the SCA196 which doesn’t have these

Yep, go to Cambee. Pretty much all they use and they will always have a few vans in build with them at varying stages if you want to see one and how it functions.

As for the rotary tumbler lock, I was initially attracted to that, but talking through the pros and cons with Cambee, I opted not to go for that and went for the SCA196 which doesn’t have these
What were the pros and cons of the tumbler lock?

Apparently the 194 is fitted with Southco locks and integral safety bolts. This looks quite solid.

Not sure why customers don't appear to have the option of choosing between straps or locks on different models. My preference would be Southco locks.

@Mogsie I never understood the reasoning either. Apparently if you go for the bolt locks, it Tightens the roof down quite firmly and when the weather gets hot or cold the rubber contracts and sticks. ? !
(Or gets hard and “brittle” in the cold preventing a good seal)? !

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozi
We never got a pop top in the end for a number of reasons. One reason is that apparently a lot of roofs don’t have a sliding door above the front seats to hide away the fabric which we didn’t like so l would check on that.

*Just seen the comment about the aluminium sliding door above the Front seats. I’m not sure they all have them

Last edited:
We never got a pop top in the end for a number of reasons. One reason is that apparently a lot of roofs don’t have a sliding door above the front seats to hide away the fabric which we didn’t like so l would check on that.

*Just seen the comment about the aluminium sliding door above the Front seats. I’m not sure they all

*Just seen the comment about the aluminium sliding door above the Front seats. I’m not sure they all have them
From my weeks of research, only the SCA190 offers the sliding aluminium panel.

It's possible to buy a (non sliding) roof hatch cover for the Reimo Easyfit but waiting to find out what it's like before making a (expensive) decision.

@Mogsie I never understood the reasoning either. Apparently if you go for the bolt locks, it Tightens the roof down quite firmly and when the weather gets hot or cold the rubber contracts and sticks. ? !
(Or gets hard and “brittle” in the cold preventing a good seal)? !
As @Long tall John says, those are some of the issues. I was initially attracted to the thought of a more positive securing mechanism, but it also appears that they have a tendency to break/shear off. And if that goes mid trip, securing the roof isn’t going to be too easy. I looked at both options up close and was able to see the potential problems that a broken lock would present.

Cambee really like the SCA roofs and it’s their preferred manufacturer (although they can and do fit others), but they aren’t great fans of the tumbler lock. If that’s what you want they’ll happily fit one (and had just do so when I visited), but if you ask their advice, they’ll probably steer you towards straps.

As for why you can’t choose which securing mechanism you have on any of their roofs, I have no idea!

Back