SCA roof - straps working loose

Our Reimo ones are identical. We never tie them off though, and they’ve never shifted.
My experience is as @t0mb0 says.
They have to be tight to start with. My advice is to wrap the strap around one hand and pull down with both arms. If there is an issue with strength use your body weight.

What @DXX said definitely.

But you need to get the canvas rolled up nice and tight so it allows the clamp buckle to be in a vertical position which gives greater grip on the strap.
When you lower the roof pull all the canvas inwards and ensure none is trapped. Then try pulling the front piece of canvas back over the headrests and get a nice flat, crease free piece of material full width left to right then just roll it up nice and tight all the way to the front edge. Then thread the straps through the clamp and pull tight.
So I spent some time rolling the fabric really neatly and I got the straps so much shorter! I’ve driven around and they’ve not budged. So it was definitely human error and the tent fabric was decompressing while I was driving giving the appearance that the straps were working loose when they weren’t. Doh! Thanks for everyone’s help fixing this. Hopefully this will help others in the future too

Back