Where in the van do you store your camping seats?

Blackstar

T6 Pro
Two weeks ago I picked up my new T6.1 T30 Highline 150 (yes, photos when we get it back from the conversion company!).
Whilst waiting in the dealers we looked over the California Beach and were very impressed with the neat seat storage in the tailgate.
Two questions please:
Can this system (or third party copy) be purchased and fitted to a regular T6?
Where do people store their camping seats?
Many thanks.

Hi,

We are on our second Cali Beach. The seat storage is lovely but replacements are frighteningly expensive. The chairs alone are £100 each and they are nothing to write home about! I think it is possible to buy the kit for the tailgate (as a collection of replacement parts) but you may find it is pricey!

There are a couple of aftermarket options I know of:

This from Germany

And this from vanshades

The vanshades chair pods have been out of stock for a while. When I asked in Jan they said they were fine tuning a new design and hoped to be manufacturing in the first quarter of this year.

Hi @BairStrokes ... There is a trade off to consider when buying camping chairs....Comfort or convenience ....we like most start off with a nice compact chair then discover its weaknesses..not very comfy...but easy to store ( we have a utility pod) we are now using a bigger better supportive chair but with that comes the storage issue ( they lay across the rear floor ) I would consider your long term plans regarding chairs and storage... Practical is not always comfortable :)

Hi @BairStrokes ... There is a trade off to consider when buying camping chairs....Comfort or convenience ....we like most start off with a nice compact chair then discover its weaknesses..not very comfy...but easy to store ( we have a utility pod) we are now using a bigger better supportive chair but with that comes the storage issue ( they lay across the rear floor ) I would consider your long term plans regarding chairs and storage... Practical is not always comfortable :)
I can't imagine going back to fold up chairs from the 60s, we curl up in ours for hours at a time, and having canvas at the side protecting us from the wind is essential

I have a fat arse, there’s no easy way to store this, but it’s soooo comfy -

Looks lovely and comfy! :thumbsup:

I have a fat arse but it’s soooo comfy -

Sadly just a boney non comfy arse here so tend to lean nonchalantly against the van trying a "blue steel" look or sulk inside reading.:unsure:
Our two backside squeezer chairs go in the side compartment beneath the wardrobe and behind the gas cupboard.

We the usual fold up camping chairs that fold up long and thinish. They fit under the rock and roll bed with ease. We had a kick plate mounted to the front and back of it so they don't slide out. Also it looks better.

We use Helinox chairs - they are quite compact but comfy and super lightweight. They pack down to a small bag so take very little room.

Hi,

We are on our second Cali Beach. The seat storage is lovely but replacements are frighteningly expensive. The chairs alone are £100 each and they are nothing to write home about! I think it is possible to buy the kit for the tailgate (as a collection of replacement parts) but you may find it is pricey!
Think that’s expensive for a chair? Even after a £100 discount, this one’s £394.99. https://m.addnature.co.uk/nordisk-m...bJ-nw_me7eoBnquMY1Ttq9mFe0lsaPm4aArD2EALw_wcB

Last edited:
Back