Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Nowhere today. I need to wash the flies and brake dust off it ready for it's trip to the Alps next weekend (to get more flies and brake dust on it) but it's been too hot to wash it today. I washed the Polo first thing, but couldn't be arsed to wash another vehicle, even tho' they are all looking pretty grim, so went out on my bike instead.

Last edited:
Nothing today. I need to wash the flies and brake dust off it ready for it's trip to the Alps next weekend (to get more flies and brake dust on it) but it's been too hot to wash it today. I washed the Polo first thing, but couldn't be arsed to wash another vehicle, even tho' they are all looking pretty grim, so went out on my bike instead.
I could be faffed to wash the van today - besides it was too hot

Quick trip to the Star camp site next to Alton Towers. Arrived late Friday evening, set up in 15mins from start to finish. Full day predending I can keep up with the kids in the park on Saturday and a very leisurely get up, pack up and drive home today.

View attachment 164359
How do you find the awning covers? Am looking for a short stay awning setup either side ones full setup or a sun canopy ?

How do you find the awning covers? Am looking for a short stay awning setup either side ones full setup or a sun canopy ?
Very good. As it’s a slightly smaller footprint than the 2.6m f45s it’s not a large space. However, as my set up has the kitchen at the rear, it provided somewhere I can leave a camping table with my kettle, coffee, fridge and chair so, as an early riser I don’t disturb everyone else. Plus I can get dressed stood up as I don’t have the pop top. No idea how it would preform in wet and windy conditions yet, but so far it has met my needs for speed and outdoor space.

Huttopia in Rambouillet outside Paris. Camping this week. All set up and ready to explore Paris by train tomorrow. But guess who forgot to bring a multi adapter for the hookup? So stuck with two sockets in the van.
Not all lost, have a Renogy solar charger for the leisure battery.

For a long time you could camp for free there , then they charged a tenner ,Sadler the National park has now banned it . It was an utterly ace place to spend a few days
I can imagine it would be a magical place to pitch up. Sadly they now charge a flat rate of £4 to even get in the car park, it looks like a rogue set up tbh with no professional signage or affiliation to anything! There is signage that says no overnighting though and there are few houses nearby. Sign of the times, excuse the pun! :rolleyes:

Just been to Crealy adventure. park to set my, not so little, tent up for visiting family to use for the week. SWMBO has suggested that as the van is now complete and she's happy with it we should sell the tent when the family go back to France. So if you.know anybody wanting the absolute best tent for large families or small that like space let me know

1657641914940.jpeg

1657641946756.jpeg

1657641976989.jpeg

So after nearly 60mph winds last night :oops: (the western highlands seemed to have missed the heatwave and thankfully our small vango driveaway lasted better than many tents) we were back out and about around Harris today. On to Uist tomorrow…View attachment 164736View attachment 164737View attachment 164738View attachment 164739View attachment 164740
That looks amazing there @Gavinsky23...Might be on our plan for next year. Looks quiet? And is there a midge issue there? Safe travels mate...keep the pics coming ;)

Back