Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Arrived in the Camargue yesterday after a night in Clermont Ferrand, it’s a fabulous place apart from the mozzies……using Avon skin so soft to keep them at bay…….seems to be working and I’ve got soft skin!

Put the awning up to close to the van! I should have paid more attention to the Attwoolls video

IMG_5635.jpeg

IMG_5630.jpeg

IMG_5625.jpeg

Last edited:
I drove from Folkestone in Kent to Bromsgrove to get a Towbar fitted by a stand up guy on the 6.1 Vw page on FB as I wanted to be happy with way it was done and he is always super helpful to others so I would rather give him the business. Not too much fun coming back mind what with bank holiday traffic, operation Brock in place on the M20 and the tunnels at the end of the M20 being close. However local knowledge goes a long way to avoid the craziness.

Spending the weekend at La Naranja campsite outside the beach resort of Gandia, Spain. quite a nice little site and not a Brit in sight.
We spent 3 months away and saw very few brits this year . All german and dutch with a smattering of french . Enjoy ...where next?

Bank holiday long weekend road trip down to Galloway.
(I thought it was my first time but my father informed me that I was there 45 years ago or so! )

Morning view looking east from our overnight stop half way down the east coast of the southern peninsula of the Rhinns of Galloway:
IMG_2237.jpeg

Mull of Galloway:
_DSC3978.jpeg

Mrs Mac(h) enjoying camp.
(And the new Cadac Safari Chef 30 we treated ourselves to - highly recommended).
IMG_2248.jpeg

Last edited:
Bank holiday long weekend road trip down to Galloway.
(I thought it was my first time but my father informed me that I was there 45 years ago or so! )

Morning view looking east from our overnight stop half way down the east coast of the southern peninsula of the Rhinns of Galloway:
View attachment 243094

Mull of Galloway:
View attachment 243095

View attachment 243096
We had planned to spend a few days exploring around there after sorting some things out for my dad who lives in Moffat. Unfortunately illness forced us to postpone that plan and come straight back home.

We had planned to spend a few days exploring around there after sorting some things out for my dad who lives in Moffat. Unfortunately illness forced us to postpone that plan and come straight back home.
It’s worth trying again; a cracking bit of campervanning coast and country!!

Back