Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Yes, we have snow these days, and much more to come. The Bus going perfect on snow it is 4wd. My previous car was Land Cruiser 120 and it is quite same filing, very stable and there is no any problem in deep snow.

We have had quite a lot of snow up here in the highlands as well. The combination of 4Motion plus Nokian winter tyres is proving really impressive. Sorry its only a picture of the bike rather than the roads and the van

16113937_1788578464800709_9139206071490461313_n.jpg

I used to ride loads and ended up with a pretty nice rig built up over many years; moved to Polzeath, rode less and less and in that time my bike is now like some ancient relic; I did a race series last year and I was the ONLY 26" wheeled 3x9 geared bike there!

It's all good kit (Cotic Soul, X0, XTR, Fox, Chris King, Hope, etc) but a bit old hat now.
Still it works fine for me and the advantage of riding less is that stuff doesn't constantly wear out; at the peak of my riding I was munching through entire drivertrains every six months.

I still think it looks nice though.

After the race
Local coast road

Looks a nice spec, I'm a bit out of touch with bikes, what are all the kids riding these days then of its not 3x9 with 26"?

Had a busy week ending up with all the fun of potential tidal surges, we do a fair bit of local authority work and had to venture into Jaywick with the T6 and open up height barriers for emergency services to use a local car park as a staging point for the flood rescue late on Friday night.

Untitled.png

Came across this beast from Surrey Search & Rescue Surrey Search & Rescue

15977547_10158094452250424_243746117147228010_n.jpg

Sounds good to me, wasted many an hour on minecraft with my daughter.

View attachment 4328 View attachment 4327 Popped into Leeds test drove and ordered one of these in white - mini me even down to being 4wd!
Nice one. Always liked those.

Had a blast in the M135i earlier; overtook a new Range Rover and the muppet floored it as I went past; luckily I still had enough power to pass but my exit speed was rather higher than planned.

Need new rear tyres though; the back end is getting a bit too lively...

Off to Peterborough 300 mile round trip for a minecraft convention for part of our lads 13th birthday prezzies , oh it's going to be so much fun , shoot me now :eek: 5 hours of minecraft will send me bonkers
Omg please never put me threw this again ever, how these kids play this game and listen to you tubers waffle on is beyond me , think I need a beer but van went very well but by by £50 worth of fuel but I wasn't hanging around

Rural Relaxing at Medbourne. Down to minus 4 this morning but toasty warm in the van - water on camp site frozen, water in van's underslung tank frozen!! Fortunately we had plenty of bottled water stashed around the van. Expected to have problems with butane and my external gas point this morning (pipe runs externally from gas locker on drivers side to passenger side) but worked fine. Loving winter camping in the van, especially when you wake up to frosty and sunny mornings like today.

IMG_1971.jpg IMG_1978.jpg

Rural Relaxing at Medbourne. Down to minus 4 this morning but toasty warm in the van - water on camp site frozen, water in van's underslung tank frozen!! Fortunately we had plenty of bottled water stashed around the van. Expected to have problems with butane and my external gas point this morning (pipe runs externally from gas locker on drivers side to passenger side) but worked fine. Loving winter camping in the van, especially when you wake up to frosty and sunny mornings like today.

View attachment 4348 View attachment 4349
Hi, toasty warm outside the van here! On the way home last week

IMG_1845.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowhere, as it's still at the dealers having the emissions fault diagnosed! I really hope this is a one-off incident, it's only a month old!

Back