Where’s everyone keep their locking wheel nut key?

LBird80

T6 Pro
As the title. I currently keep my key in the dash hole underneath the dash vent on the drivers side. But it rattles and is generally annoying. Where does everyone else keep theirs to stop it rattling about?

My car locking nuts eventually started rounding out. I googled how I would get them off, and the answer was essentially to mash a socket onto the nut. In which case, there’s no point in having them, as they are only an obstacle to a careful remover of the wheel, and no barrier to a thief!

Yep same here in the bin.... absolutely useless. Was working away in Margate last year and first time I've had a puncture on my 70 plate and had to use the recovery cover to come out and remove the wheel. Those bolts are rubbish

I also took mine off after a disappointing experience trying to remove a wheel by the side of the road. They're rubbish

It was previously kept in a tool bag along with other useful things. Bag fits under the drivers seat

As the title. I currently keep my key in the dash hole underneath the dash vent on the drivers side. But it rattles and is generally annoying. Where does everyone else keep theirs to stop it rattling about?
I keep it safe at home somewhere and always need to turn my life upside down to find it! It’s The journey lads ladies ;)

Currently mine is in the "van bits" tray under the bench seat with the pump, tyre gunk, 13 to 7 pin towing adapter etc

Sounds like many folks have had issues, given they are fitted as standard if they are replaced with standard nuts does that effect any insurance claims if the worst should happen, or is wheel theft not really a thing any more?

Not had a tyre issue in the van but the time I did in the XC70 I ended up having to call out the assist guy; the damn wheel was seized to the hub and wouldn't move even with massive amounts of profanities. I think the assist guy was a bit dismissive until he had to go back to the van for the small sledge hammer and wood block...

In 40 years of driving I have never had an issue with locking wheel nuts.

Keep it in the glove compartment with the spare wheel locking bolt/thingy. Kwik Fit dudes always find it

I have aftermarket ones fitted to go with the aftermarket wheels. Hopefully these will perform better. Only currently needed at tyre place and at vw for ball joint replacement. I forgot to take the tool box where the locking nut lives to the garage so now moved to the emergency kit bag (triangle etc needed for European travel but lives in van 24/7)

In an illuminous draw string bag with "locking nut" written on it. Kept under the front double seat storage

Back