Locking wheel-nut key stolen

ma77y

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all

Got in my van this morning and noticed my passenger and sliding door was open and also the glove box.

No damage or anything so I know I've forgotten to lock my van (lesson learned).

All they seem to have taken is the locking wheel nut key and an empty rayban case (lmao).

Anyway

Question is do vw have a tool to remove this or am I best off removing this myself?

I do have another set of locking wheel nuts to go on

Cheers

I hope you've already swapped out 4 regular bolts for the spare set of locking nuts or you may have no wheels in the morning. :cry:
Not sure about VW but your local garage will probably have a solution.

Cheers fella, yeah I've taken a standard nut out and put another locking nut in its place so they'll be fuc@ed if they come back.

I honestly don't think they'll be that stupid to come back tonight but if they do I'll be fast asleep :D.

Just a pain in the ain.

My local vw garage ain't much cop but I'll give them a go first and if they can't do it I'll try david at vagtech.

The original lock nuts should have a ..Key code number ..that came with locks nut and is possibly in the owners Paperwork/ manual
..if you have it you can get a new set made ….if not and your in AA/RAC give them a call… :)

Is that the method that uses the 21mm socket? I have seen that one

Most tyre places will have a selection pack of keys. It's rare they don't have one that will be a close enough fit.

Did you reuse the 21mm? As I don't have 4 spare 21mm sockets laying around :D.

Cheers
I bought a new one from Halfords but it was a pain to separate once removed, after the last one I just binned it. You’ll need a vice and a lump hammer.

Back