What's my van worth??

Just for interest, this months 'Campervan' magazine has a detailed article on 'Motor caravan' reclassification :thumbsup:

Reclassifying my Kombi V5 to Motor Caravan after a full camper conversion - in section 7 of the V5 do I only need to change ‘body type’ to motor caravan along with the date of change, and change seat number to 4?

All other parameters are unchanged.

Also, is it essential to send off receipts for the work done or just the written list of changes with accompanying photos as requested by DLVA?

Ta.

Just done mine and only put motor caravan down and date. Didn't fill in the seat section. New logbook back today all changed over with no issues.

Hi, I just did photos and a covering letter detailing what had been done, picked up a template letter either on here or on the internet. Just used that slightly ammended. As mentioned took about 1-2 weeks. :thumbsup:

Mines just been sent ... I used the DVLA template and submitted photos as requested with that.... worked ok last I did it.... fingers crossed...

Just done mine and only put motor caravan down and date. Didn't fill in the seat section. New logbook back today all changed over with no issues.
You need to have the correct number of seats (with seatbelts) on the V5 for insurance purposes.

Mines back no problem. It was a Kombi and I’ve changed number of seats to 4....it took just over a week

Ditto. Changed seats to 4, supplied photos requested and it took just over a week.

I may very disappointingly have to sell my much cherished camper van. Took a few years of working through vans and saving to get it and 2 years ago bought a brand new conversion on a 65 plate trendline. The conversion starts for £24k but I added memory foam on the rib, under chassis water and gas, kenwood 525dab head unit, T6 Vw side bars triangle profile, brand new detachable tow bar, lowered 30mm, 18inch alloys and a few extra bits and bobs About £28k worth in total.

It’s done about 25k miles and was chipped to 175bhp however since having the 3 year service I think VW did a ECU upgrade so not quite sure if this stuck.

Just looked at the price of a equivalent panel van with same mileage, same age etc. That comes in around £20k from VW. So I have a van worth around 20k from VW used (given it’s worth less private) and 2 year old conversion worth about 28k.

Just don’t know if I am going to lose too much at this stage to consider selling so opinions would be greatly appreciated on how much it could be worth.

I have a few photos of the exterior but here is a link to the conversion

Infinity - Three Bridge Campers

For what it's worth (pun intended) I've just had my 102bhp 67 plate Trendline (18k miles) converted. I paid £19k for the van and spent about £17k on the conversion. The converter reckoned it's now worth between £38k-£40k) however, I saw an 18 plate Highline, nicely converted, go for £35k a couple of weeks ago.

Great pun, and absolutely why not, can’t miss an opportunity like that!

That’s great to know thanks.

I bought the van hoping that it would not lose too much given the quality of conversion etc

And I think / hope it looks like I was right

As a private sale I doubt you will get close to £27K not many people have that sort of money to spend in cash. If it was on a forcourt with finance offered and a warrenty then you might.

eBay has loads of these for sale and not many of them sell at the money talked about above. I could be wrong though.

Back