Whats coming after your T6?

mhill

Security industry
T6 Guru
I've not even had mine a year yet but always looking at whats coming next, though I think ill be keeping mine until 2020 then trading on.

The Mrs is the next vehicle to be replaced, she's currently got a Citan Travelliner on a 13 plate thats now out of warranty.
Not told her but I put a deposit down on the new Mercedes X class today though they are not expecting delivery until January 2018 at the earliest.

00-Mercedes-Benz-vehicles-Concept-X-CLASS-powerful-adventurer-stylish-explorer-1280x686-1280x686.jpg

I've not even had mine a year yet but always looking at whats coming next, though I think ill be keeping mine until 2020 then trading on.

The Mrs is the next vehicle to be replaced, she's currently got a Citan Travelliner on a 13 plate thats now out of warranty.
Not told her but I put a deposit down on the new Mercedes X class today though they are not expecting delivery until January 2018 at the earliest.

View attachment 2599
Saw those on a LR forum yesterday - look very nice - wonder if you could do a campervan conversion on one (at the NEC show a couple of weeks ago there was someone there doing conversions on L200 pickups and similar - looked interesting)

A L200 Campervan, I think that class as covering a turd in glitter and making it shiter!

View attachment 2600
Lol - shed on wheels. Can't remember the company name but they had 3 concept vehicles build on pickups - L200, Ford Ranger and one other of similar style. Can't comment on the base vehicles but the 4x4 camper idea looked very good with electric raising roofs, etc..

View attachment 2599

Love the look of that!!!! Especially the yellow one with the huge tyres

something American........with a V8......failing that, a Stag (with a V8)

Nothing wrong with the original Stag engine if looked after...

Hidious things, the old man has got two at various stages of restoration poxy horiable things! He got a 5.0 Mustang back in March but the panel gaps on the body work is shocking, does make a good noise though.

My Dad had a V8 Stag too - lovely looking thing but tragically unreliable. And he really looked after it.

I might replace the M135i with an M140i and the Subaru Outback with another newer one.
And the van will be with us (unless is starts breaking down like our last one) for a fair while yet.
As you can see, we're pretty happy with the current trio of cars/van.

The kombi will be my daily driver for at least 2 years, but I intend to keep it 'forever' (so to speak). My next car will most likely be some sort of hybrid, liking the look of Volvo's atm.

My wife's Mini, we'll have until March 2018. Will maybe replace with a Golf GTi although she's not a huge fan of them or maybe something a bit silly like a V8 M3.

This is my seventh VW (but first Transporter). I usually swap every three years on average and start looking towards the next car within months of swapping :(
However, I'm so chuffed with my T6, those thoughts haven't popped into my head yet. Can see it being part of the family for quite a while. It's too useful, too interesting and dare I say it .... too cool :)

My next van will probably be a T7, will keep the T6 for at least 5 years, saved and waited long enough for it. Can't believe any of you are contemplating your next vehicle already, proper transporter fan me ;)

My next van will probably be a T7, will keep the T6 for at least 5 years, saved and waited long enough for it. Can't believe any of you are contemplating your next vehicle already, proper transporter fan me ;)
Not to replace the T6, but to replace the car. The T6 needs to last me 12 years!!, Like the T5 did.

Back