What Swamper Wheels?

Featuredartist

Hi All,

I’ve decided to go for the swamper look and have started looking at what rims I need for some 235/70/r16 General Grabber AT3.

Is there a particular size/model of rim I need or can I use any standard 16” rim?

Not very clued up on this and couldn’t find anything useful online as yet. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

This is the look I'm after...

There is a bit of an increase in road noise, nothing major though.
I'd say MPG is about 10% down compared to the 17 inch Davenport I had on previously.
There is also a change in the feel when driving, the high sidewalls do make it feel slightly less direct in the corners, again nothing major, you soon get used to it.
Potholes are nicely smoothed out though!

Any more Info on this van? Wheel & tyre spec lift etc? I'd like to do this to my T32.

It was a Google image, but there are plenty of threads on Swamper specs.

If you're looking for a company that knows what they are doing with Swamper builds, the you cannot go far wrong with Transporter HQ, who are not far from you.
They've just done a nice Swamper conversation to Paintworx Loughborough's T6.

Hi All, first post for a wannabe swamper newbee, so please be kind.

Bought a T28 2016 highline van in May and set about converting to a camper. Going for the swamper look and now it's time to choose wheels. Currently its on 16" steels so figure that if i stick to 16" and simply add BFG AT tyres (235/70/16) there wouldn't be much of an issue with rubbing, turning etc???!!! Any advice is very welcome as tomorrow I spend 500 notes.

Thanks
upload_2019-11-21_13-41-56.png

Hi All, first post for a wannabe swamper newbee, so please be kind.

Bought a T28 2016 highline van in May and set about converting to a camper. Going for the swamper look and now it's time to choose wheels. Currently its on 16" steels so figure that if i stick to 16" and simply add BFG AT tyres (235/70/16) there wouldn't be much of an issue with rubbing, turning etc???!!! Any advice is very welcome as tomorrow I spend 500 notes.

Thanks
View attachment 55033

Hi,

I'm running Pirelli Scorpio A/TR 235/70/16 on standard steel wheel and have no issue with rubbing on the full lock or loaded with 700-800kg, I'm not sure if it applies to BFG AT too. However, I'm thinking of getting 17" black steels with ET35 (exactly as on your picture) and 235/65/17 Pirelli Scorpio A/T+.

Hi,

I'm running Pirelli Scorpio A/TR 235/70/16 on standard steel wheel and have no issue with rubbing on the full lock or loaded with 700-800kg, I'm not sure if it applies to BFG AT too. However, I'm thinking of getting 17" black steels with ET35 (exactly as on your picture) and 235/65/17 Pirelli Scorpio A/T+.
Hi g4r1... did you do this?... I’m looking at doing the same on my 6.1... are you on standard springs? Cheers!

Hey, looks nice.... Speedo reading OK with these? Road noise rating looks pretty good for the Pirelli's as AT tyres go... do you agree? Thanks!

Hey, looks nice.... Speedo reading OK with these? Road noise rating looks pretty good for the Pirelli's as AT tyres go... do you agree? Thanks!

Speedo is spot on, I have checked with two GPS speedos, and both showing spot-on readings. There are a bit noisier than standard road tyres (as all AT tyres are), but are much quieter then BFG ATs.

IMG_0646.jpg

Hi @g4r1 - ordered some Gojo 17" & 235/65/17's ... how did you get the hubcaps to fit as the tapered wheel bolts needs for these don't have the notch in them to hold the cap? Obviously there's a way!? Thanks for any advice.... :)

Back