What other cars do you own?

I wonder how many of todays cars with their built in obsolescence the old 244 Volvo will outlive. Lots of parts on the new ones are coded to the ECU so not a DIY option. Have had a fair few VWs in our family Mk2 through to Mk 5 Golfs. Son had a Rallye but did not have the time to maintain it. I had a late Corrado VR6 which was one of the best cars I have had, sold it to buy a 911SC. The grand children call it the monument as the oldest is nearly 7 and has never had a ride in it. Some of the new ones are fantastic bits of kit but they have put a lot of weight on compared to my one. One day life will stop getting in the way and I will finish my van and the Porsche.
Stratos above is very nice and must be a great kick seeing it being used as intended. Early GTE must be getting rare now.
Baz

The missus hates them (apart from the T6) but I love them...albeit spread across three driveways

T6 DSG 204 highline
Caddy 6spd 140 (sold awaiting collection:()
A1 2.0tdi black edition (the long haired generals car)
E36 328i sport individual now with a mocked up S54 (e46 m3 engine):sneaky:

I also have an Oak green ‘91 Mk2 Golf Gti 16v 3dr that’s completely standard. It’s not been on the road since 2004 when I swapped two tyres for the car!! It’s currently being stored, I’ll get some pics for you guys soon... it’s like a barn find at the moment :eek:

012A58AC-9D1E-47F9-9EE3-69232482D167.jpeg

6BD3869B-ECAB-4643-8C67-41CBCCE27A96.jpeg

FFE1AF1C-2E16-4B21-AE62-714961B23652.png

BFAE1C5D-C58B-406C-88F0-BD8961166409.jpeg

65241C35-1567-4836-950A-47E4ECFF0A84.jpeg

Last edited:
A MK4 golf GT TDI 150 drove her off the forecourt in 2004 and she will hit 200k miles this weekend.
Had a blue one before this that closed the M25 after a French lorry changed lanes... Same car, drove better tho.
And an Astra GTC Bi-Turbo...

Hi all.
I'm getting all emotional here, my baby crossed a milestone today, literally...

She hit 200,000miles this afternoon.
This 1.9 turbo diesel engine is absolutely bullet proof if you look after it. She is on her 2nd clutch (170k) and I just had the cambelt changed (199,980). Another 100k coming up.
This is one of the reasons I bought the T6 against everyone's advice of 'paying for the badge'... Bollocks. You all bought longevity. Be very happy.
Can't see my Astra lasting that long.

Ha ha ha! The site changed my expletive into 'bother' . That's not what i wrote! :rofl:
Danglies!

Favourite of the cars I've owned. Magazine star as well. Regret selling it, but the mods were starting to get very expensive.
Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 20.49.48.png

My little fleet at the mo, run out of garage space for now hehe

Splitty - NO, I'm not going to paint it!! Doesnt matter how nice your paint is now, one day you will end up like mine :)
VW Panel Van 2016 Skeg Vegas.jpg

Mex, running Megasquirt & GSXR ITB's & a slippy diff for a bit of slideways fun
Mex.jpg

Silver 986 Boxster Anniversary with a lovely Cocoa Brown roof & interior, very chic, but less than 150 Anni's in the UK, pic taken on this years Hoon between France & Switzerland
porker.jpg

V-Spec, I bet you do regret that decision, certainly on the up & up!!

Yup, they changed the import rules about 4 mnths after I sold it and the prices shot up.

I've just checked the DVLA, its SORN, not had MOT since 2013. :(

Hi @BognorMotors , very nice Audi. This year I spent 6hrs in the back seat of a stage 3(??) RS3 between Malmö and Stockholm. My advice to anyone is don't do that. Walk. It's better! :laugh:

Budget Campa Car ;)
There was a bit of a gap between the previous VW camper going and the new one arriving, so I decided to make up a kitchen unit for my Peugeot Partner Tepee as a removeable day-van project. There's bags of room, even for sleeping full-length. I'd measured up and was pondering ideas when I came across this £59 Duktig kids play-kitchen at Ikea:

duktig.jpg

Now I reckon the bloke who designed it for Ikea was definitely a Tepee owner, because its just perfect, made-to-measure for the job of camperising a Tepee!
The quality is superb, really strongly built and its all held in place by bungee straps.
It fits perfectly behind the left seat (of three) with the middle one folded away and the right-hand one removed to make a sleeping space.
I swapped the toy tap for a plunger pump tap (ebay), with the water container beneath in the right-hand cupboard. The gas-can hob is the standard £10 jobbie on friction retainers. In the left hand cupboard there's pots, cuttlery, a stack of MRE packs courtesy of the MOD, teabags and long-life milk, and underneath there's a folding stool and a small picnic table. The 'microwave' is used for dish-towels etc, and opposite theres a fag socket for one of those tiny 4-cans-of-coke mini-fridges. I fitted a back panel after this photo was taken, and faced around the hob with a bit of sheet ali:

tepee_kitchen.jpg

duktig3.JPG

duktig2.jpg

It has a highly advanced grey-water disposal system - you lift out the bowl of dirty water and chuck it out the back
grin.gif

I also have a rear tailgate awning for it, overall its become a very cheap but versatile day-van that can be reverted to standard in 5 minutes. With the tailgate up and the kettle on, you're never short of visitors!

tepee_awning.jpg

So there you go, my 'other' car :)

Cheers
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
@Phil_G love it :rofl::rofl::rofl: got one in my living room, to be fair it is well made. Was the bed next to it a bit small to be utilised then?

Just picked up this and know a few others on forum with one! Super little summer car and great fun to drive. Thank you to Ian@eclipse for help with logistics in delivery from Edinburgh!

IMG_20191107_1953010.jpg

View attachment 54106

I used to drive one of these back in 2007 with a 190bhp Celica engine, it was the most enjoable car to drive, just horrible to get out of at petrol station lol

Back