What other cars do you own?

Astra GTC biturbo and Golf mk4 GTTDI Pd150
Just cant part with them.

Currently we own a 2016 LWB Highline T6 with a Reimo high roof after a long line of Transporters spanning about forty five years. Now moving on to a LWB MAN TGE to become a custom built camper.

The car below is one of three 1946 Beetles residing in the UK, in this case pictured at Bad Camberg, Germany in 2019 after a 650 (ish) mile trip from the UK being carefully shepherded along by the afore mentioned T6.

1670706252182.png

Here are mine - I built the seven in 1998. 996 I got in 2017 (seems quite a few owners on the forum) and yes it is a money pit but done lots of work myself. Hardest job was dropping the front subframe to change brake lines and steering rack pipes oh and drilling out 4 of the exhaust manifold bolts.

CEDE7192-40A3-4AE4-9B3A-14EC193DC92D.jpeg

Here are mine - I built the seven in 1998. 996 I got in 2017 (seems quite a few owners on the forum) and yes it is a money pit but done lots of work myself. Hardest job was dropping the front subframe to change brake lines and steering rack pipes oh and drilling out 4 of the exhaust manifold bolts.

View attachment 181574
@Paynewright how did you find the build? Been contemplating one for some time, if you had to do it again would you ? Or buy pre built, cheers

Probably not the only petrol head on here but was just wondering what other (if any) other cars the members own? I have a great T6.1 T32 camper van which I just love plus a Ford Kuga PHEV daily driver and a couple of classics, E type Jag and Merc Sports, few pics below, what have you got?View attachment 181450View attachment 181452
I own something maybe not too familiar in the UK. In Australia they refer to a small pickup as a Ute. In South Africa we call it a "bakkie". I have a 1973 Mazda F1000 bakkie, also known as a Mazda Fantasia. It is a half-ton pickup, quite small. Originally had a 1000cc motor, 4 speed gearbox en 12 " rims. I converted mine somewhat. I have fitted a 1400 5 speed Mazda motor and disc brakes in front with 14" rims. Bought it in 1984 for an amount equal to £45 in today's money.

20220626_131119.jpg

20220626_131057.jpg

@Paynewright how did you find the build? Been contemplating one for some time, if you had to do it again would you ? Or buy pre built, cheers
Build took me about 7 (long) days - they are just a big Meccano set really. I’ve also helped a mate strip/rebuild 3 sevens - a 1 of 62 original Ford BDA engined car, a vauxhall powered race car (long front after suspension collapsed) and lastly a 1982 crossflow with 1800 miles that languished in a garage for 20+ years, though this was more of a deep recommission!

I’d happily build another. My advice is join the Caterham & Lotus Seven club, ask lots of questions and get along to your local meet - people will gladly take you out in their cars. Like any other vehicle some of the ‘options’ are much cheaper to order new rather than retro fit.

Ian

I'm 48 years old and I've owned a lot of nice cars in my life, but without doubt this is the best vehicle I've owned. OK, so the true petrol heads will slate it for range or poor infrastructure etc etc, but I really don't care. It works perfectly for my wife travelling between Leicestershire and Nottinghams Queens Medical every day and back, but the best part of owning a full Electric Mini is the way it drives. Mini handling with a power delivery you wouldn't understand unless you owned an EV. Hence the best car I've owned to date.

20220529_091808.jpg

But this is where my passion really is....
This is the reason I get up at daft-o-clock, travel all over the UK for work and deal with the public on a daily basis, all to afford me owning this and the amazing places we take it in Europe. You'd have to cut off a limb to get me to part with my Motorhome, unless it was to change it for another one, which I have no plans to do at the moment. Absolutely love it and the feeling I get every time I get out of the tunnel and hit the French roads is worth every day here of stress.

20211013_163830.jpg

I'm 48 years old and I've owned a lot of nice cars in my life, but without doubt this is the best vehicle I've owned. OK, so the true petrol heads will slate it for range or poor infrastructure etc etc, but I really don't care. It works perfectly for my wife travelling between Leicestershire and Nottinghams Queens Medical every day and back, but the best part of owning a full Electric Mini is the way it drives. Mini handling with a power delivery you wouldn't understand unless you owned an EV. Hence the best car I've owned to date.

View attachment 181585

But this is where my passion really is....
This is the reason I get up at daft-o-clock, travel all over the UK for work and deal with the public on a daily basis, all to afford me owning this and the amazing places we take it in Europe. You'd have to cut off a limb to get me to part with my Motorhome, unless it was to change it for another one, which I have no plans to do at the moment. Absolutely love it and the feeling I get every time I get out of the tunnel and hit the French roads is worth every day here of stress.

View attachment 181586
@Tourershine i totally get that , we have had a few, currently without a motorhome but on the hunt again

91D6920C-9485-4257-9774-6CA2E3AE6B38.jpeg

B61AB29A-489E-49FE-8EBE-A97DA72EE7AC.jpeg

D2C49CFA-EEE6-4A49-901C-DCF913267470.jpeg

43E83CE7-80EE-441F-BF79-37A555E3C1DD.jpeg

FD7840F8-3137-4BA2-90EF-0851E86AF294.jpeg

9BA9DE70-308B-4359-8090-53ADA360E38D.jpeg

Back