What other cars do you own?

Budget Campa Car ;)
There was a bit of a gap between the previous VW camper going and the new one arriving, so I decided to make up a kitchen unit for my Peugeot Partner Tepee as a removeable day-van project. There's bags of room, even for sleeping full-length. I'd measured up and was pondering ideas when I came across this £59 Duktig kids play-kitchen at Ikea:

View attachment 34136

Now I reckon the bloke who designed it for Ikea was definitely a Tepee owner, because its just perfect, made-to-measure for the job of camperising a Tepee!
The quality is superb, really strongly built and its all held in place by bungee straps.
It fits perfectly behind the left seat (of three) with the middle one folded away and the right-hand one removed to make a sleeping space.
I swapped the toy tap for a plunger pump tap (ebay), with the water container beneath in the right-hand cupboard. The gas-can hob is the standard £10 jobbie on friction retainers. In the left hand cupboard there's pots, cuttlery, a stack of MRE packs courtesy of the MOD, teabags and long-life milk, and underneath there's a folding stool and a small picnic table. The 'microwave' is used for dish-towels etc, and opposite theres a fag socket for one of those tiny 4-cans-of-coke mini-fridges. I fitted a back panel after this photo was taken, and faced around the hob with a bit of sheet ali:

View attachment 34137

View attachment 34295

View attachment 34296

It has a highly advanced grey-water disposal system - you lift out the bowl of dirty water and chuck it out the back
grin.gif

I also have a rear tailgate awning for it, overall its become a very cheap but versatile day-van that can be reverted to standard in 5 minutes. With the tailgate up and the kettle on, you're never short of visitors!

View attachment 34138

So there you go, my 'other' car :)

Cheers
Phil

Brilliant! Love this little kitchen unit!
Is the Tailgate awning a Reimo and do you find that it causes any damage to the paintwork? Is it the same awning that you use on the T6?
Thanks

Last edited:
Had this beast for about 5 yrs now and sadly it's getting used daily for work by the wife now that we swapped her car for the camper so gained a couple of swing my door into your wheel arch dents this year... bastids.:cautious:

20180313_165104[1].jpg

20171105_164556[1].jpg

The Daihatsu Materia, it's probably easier to list what it doesn't have and these include a turbo, DSG gear box and air suspension but check out rear doors that open to 89.5 degrees to provide easy access for forklifting Nans and Paps into the back and the excellent headroom inside for the Stove Pipe hat wearing hipsters among us, those gangster black windows are standard too so any passengers can't be seen blushing in the back.:thumbsup::whistle:

Oh yep, Cades Tyrus 2 wheels and Eibach 40mm lowered sproings plus my old Talk Audio setup so bits of Focal, JL, Dynaudio and a Pioneer P80 head unit so don't get too cocky at that traffic light sound off my number plate death rattle is quite loud.

Had this beast for about 5 yrs now and sadly it's getting used daily for work by the wife now that we swapped her car for the camper so gained a couple of swing my door into your wheel arch dents this year... bastids.:cautious:

View attachment 54223

View attachment 54224

The Daihatsu Materia, it's probably easier to list what it doesn't have and these include a turbo, DSG gear box and air suspension but check out rear doors that open to 89.5 degrees to provide easy access for forklifting Nans and Paps into the back and the excellent headroom inside for the Stove Pipe hat wearing hipsters among us, those gangster black windows are standard too so any passengers can't be seen blushing in the back.:thumbsup::whistle:

Oh yep, Cades Tyrus 2 wheels and Eibach 40mm lowered sproings plus my old Talk Audio setup so bits of Focal, JL, Dynaudio and a Pioneer P80 head unit so don't get too cocky at that traffic light sound off my number plate death rattle is quite loud.
That sticker :rofl::rofl:

Picked this up! ( sorry for the pun ) yesterday. It’s brilliant. Also got pulled by the rozzers for the first time in years on the way home.

F6340363-4511-4691-9E4D-89EDB4DF439F.jpeg

5FD15C03-8BFB-4A51-BDE7-B2D87AF12858.jpeg
My daily ride. Drives like a tank but allows me to keep the mileage down on the VW. It’s done 100,o00K with only an air conditioning pump, one break sensor & a front coil needing replaced.

Probably not the only petrol head on here but was just wondering what other (if any) other cars the members own? I have a great T6.1 T32 camper van which I just love plus a Ford Kuga PHEV daily driver and a couple of classics, E type Jag and Merc Sports, few pics below, what have you got?kuga 1.jpgclas 4.jpg

reg gone.jpg

Last edited:
Always wanted to own an E type. Left school and became an apprentice upholster and drove them every day in and out of workshop and love every minute.......

That’s just showing off;)

No seriously love the E type

Had a 1.5 eco boost kuga hated it! Had every extra on it but the engine was hideous wouldn’t pull a skin off a rice pudding until above 4000 revs and fuel consumption was horrendous my golf r was better on fuel

That’s just showing off;)

No seriously love the E type

Had a 1.5 eco boost kuga hated it! Had every extra on it but the engine was hideous wouldn’t pull a skin off a rice pudding until above 4000 revs and fuel consumption was horrendous my golf r was better on fuel
I ad two ecoboost Kugas and to be honest I loved them, nowhere near as much torque as the diesel but SO quiet and refined, power seemed ok to me :rolleyes:

I ad two ecoboost Kugas and to be honest I loved them, nowhere near as much torque as the diesel but SO quiet and refined, power seemed ok to me :rolleyes:
Just felt dangerous every time I pulled out of a junction or a roundabout wouldn’t go any where then all of a sudden a whoosh of power! Just felt I was revving the bollocks out of it all the time!

Back