What makes the t5.1 cluster lights ,

Power ut

RSQ3 engined
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Anyone know how the 2014 t5.1 cluster lights ( that light the dails up?)what they power up from ? Can bus, as couldn’t see no pin out data from wireing conector

Last edited:
What are you looking for ?
Theres a common negative (brown) then one positive pin for each lamp, are you looking for wire colour vs lamp function ?

Will have a dig through my archives

Not sure why but in my wiring diagrams the chapter for 5.1 tail lights say drop side ??

Anyway i imagine the wiring is the same, just check the wire colours match

Left
1 - black/red - brake
2 - green/black - reverse
3 - brown - negative
4 - black/white - indicator
5 - grey white - foglight
6 - grey/black - tail light

Right
1 - black/red - brake
3 - brown - negative
4 - black/green - indicator (black/yellow with factory fitted towbar)
5 - grey/white - foglight
6 - grey/red - tail light

1681767176736.png

1681767193396.png

Problem is I’ve the t5.1 cluster , but no bcm I assumed on the cluster t32 conector , they would be a wire for the backlight of the dash ?

the lights wire back to the J519 BCM module,

under the dash clock , above the peddles.

its shown on the schematic above.

post a few pics of the van and rear lights.

is it a T5.1?

you have two different clocks shown there, one with 89k on it, and one with 100k and one shows imob issues as no key.

so what are you trying to do?

+++++++++++++++++++++

example T5.1 HL clocks

1681796726324.png

the lights wire back to the J519 BCM module,

under the dash clock , above the peddles.

its shown on the schematic above.

post a few pics of the van and rear lights.

is it a T5.1?

you have two different clocks shown there, one with 89k on it, and one with 100k and one shows imob issues as no key.

so what are you trying to do?

+++++++++++++++++++++

example T5.1 HL clocks

View attachment 196273
Both same clocks I adjusted mileages and immo to match the oringal cluster ( which was old style t5 cluster z( not not needing rear brake lights I meant what powers the cluster lights up behind the dails and needles

Ambient light circuit.

Led. Pwm driver from the BCM with dash dimmer control.

Ambient light circuit.

Led. Pwm driver from the BCM with dash dimmer control.
Thankyou no wonder they won’t work as I’ve audi engine set up I had to use audi canbus , , I’ll have to think of another way to sort them buggers

Not sure why but in my wiring diagrams the chapter for 5.1 tail lights say drop side ??

Anyway i imagine the wiring is the same, just check the wire colours match

Left
1 - black/red - brake
3 - brown - negative
4 - black/white - indicator
5 - grey white - foglight
6 - grey/black - tail light

Right
1 - black/red - brake
3 - brown - negative
4 - black/green - indicator (black/yellow with factory fitted towbar)
5 - grey/white - foglight
6 - grey/red - tail light

View attachment 196251

View attachment 196252
Is there a higher res version of these diagrams? I can't make out the details. (Trying to figure out an issue with my RH rear turn signal) These diagrams might help with my fault finding. Thanks.

Is there a higher res version of these diagrams? I can't make out the details. (Trying to figure out an issue with my RH rear turn signal) These diagrams might help with my fault finding. Thanks.
They are all in the download section

Thanks (I have looked, several times) but cannot find them. What am I doing wrong. Many of the links say "VIP Membership is required" - I upgraded yesterday. Still confused.
Find the diagram you want and download it.

IMG_1626.jpeg

The diagrams posted above are relevant to this thread, all the T6 stuff is posted in the downloads section
What is it exactly you are looking for ?

The diagrams posted above are relevant to this thread, all the T6 stuff is posted in the downloads section
What is it exactly you are looking for ?
Hi Pauly

I was looking to download the tail light wiring diagrams that I could see on this thread (but I cannot find them in the downloads section)

I am looking to diagnose an issue with my T5.1 taillights - where the RHS rear turn signal does not work. (It works as a hazard light) as per -> This Thread

Apologies for hijacking this thread - is the only place I found (what appears to be, T5 rear light current flow diagrams) I can't zoom in far enough to read them properly.

Bear with me please. I am new to this forum, and pretty new to my van. Would love to be able to work this all out myself. Thanks

The rear right indicator wiring goes to pin 15 in the 17 pin plug called T17f that is located under front seat
From there it goes to the BCM in dash to plug T73b pin 15

The rear right indicator wiring goes to pin 15 in the 17 pin plug called T17f that is located under front seat
From there it goes to the BCM in dash to plug T73b pin 15
Thanks. I'll report back if I have any success :)

Back