Can anyone help on illumination

Power ut

RSQ3 engined
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Right as most most I've fitted a t6 dash / heater box and heater dails .in my old t5 . But can any help . how I wire up for illumation lights off the heater panel.
I assumed it was grey blue stripe to power but nothing . Not sure if I'm missing a power or earth . Etc heater flaps work . But regulation flap is on all the time too .

IMG_54701.jpg

Can't help with the illumination sorry, but wouldn't mind knowing how you got the RS gear knob fitted, thanks.

When old gear knob is removed ull notice the hole slit is wrong way ( on the centre plastic bit ) u heat it up and twist it hold there till it goes hard then fit gearknob
Sounds a similar method to what people have to do for the one with the illumination from a Tiguan (I think).

This may help with the ambient lights

Post in thread 'Cab Ambient "mood Lighting" Under-dash - How I Done It -'
Cab Ambient "mood Lighting" Under-dash - How I Done It -
Here's issuise it shows t73b from bcm but adding a power doesn't make heater control ultimate? As I'm told it's powered threw canbus . The green and black heater control power the heater flaps but not ullimation just really confused , how I wire a t5.1 bcm to get them to power up as it may missing some thing from other wireing ie earth live etc any help be greatfull

Is it a T6 van with a 5.1 bcm then?
Long story but it's old 06 t5 with a t6 dash and heater box and heater control with a t5.1 bcm which I've only used a few earth's lives and 2 can wires to power heater Dail flap motors

And door cards, wings, lights, bumper and grill etc too not much t5.1 left!

And door cards, wings, lights, bumper and grill etc too not much t5.1 left!
No it's not what I'm asking they all run off old t5 bcm

Do u know what pin off the t5.1 bcm is used for live illumation on the bcm
As there's a number off earth's bcm lives and illumation feed but doesn't still illumate t6 heater pannel

No it's not what I'm asking they all run off old t5 bcm

Do u know what pin off the t5.1 bcm is used for live illumation on the bcm
As there's a number off earth's bcm lives and illumation feed but doesn't still illumate t6 heater pannel
In a T6 BCM, and probably a T5.1 the instrument lighting is Pin 4 or Pin 34 in the white BCM -lug, depending upon whether you have a dimmer fitted. Looking at the climatronic unit, there is no input for the instrument lighting so it must be generated internally using the canbus

In a T6 BCM, and probably a T5.1 the instrument lighting is Pin 4 or Pin 34 in the white BCM -lug, depending upon whether you have a dimmer fitted. Looking at the climatronic unit, there is no input for the instrument lighting so it must be generated internally using the canbus
Dose either one of these go to 12v to illumate the lights

Back